a/c recirc clicking

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
when I tun off the recirc button on my a/c i get this click, click,click about 5 or 6 times then stops. has to be the blend door for that particular thing. calling the dealer and will report back..

anyone else have this issue?

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT; 2009 Jetta TDI DSG
I had the issue, but it stopped making the noise after a while. Someone told me it was just a burr on the plastic door or something. It just buffed out.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Random_Vibration

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI (6MT, LP, Driver Assist)
If you have VCDS, scan for a fault code. As you suggest, its probably the blend door and/or actuator. If you're having problems now and they seem to go away, they're likely to return down the road. At least that has been my experience with a blend door noise.

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
well i went to the dealer and there are two actuators. "A" is available in the US, so it is ordered. when the replace it they hope it fixes it. if not "B" is now available here yet. so they have to get "special permission" from vw to order from Europe.

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI S 6M-Sold
Just got back from teh dealer for having this looked at on mine. Tech says Recirc motor. Ordered but 1-2 weeks before it will be in.Will update after

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
Update after fix for mine. They ended up replacing the entire recirc. motor. Apparently the assembly for it came apart. 3 hr fix

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
mine just started doing this after 20k miles, will be checking with the dealer shortly

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
Should I be worried if the clicking has stopped but my AC works and recirc works? I know someone told me it could be the plastic molding had a burr in it that needed to be worked out.

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
I'm at the dealer now for mine. Service manager told me its the second one he's had in for this issue this week, could be something to watch out for.
They are replacing the recirc motor in mine, he said it's coming apart so the clicking is the gears not hitting as it opens up.

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
Should I be worried if the clicking has stopped but my AC works and recirc works? I know someone told me it could be the plastic molding had a burr in it that needed to be worked out.
Mine stopped clicking and was still broken when they replaced it. New one provided significantly noticeable differences in the Reciric. quality

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm fairly certain the recirculation still works though. Testing between recirc and ambient during heavy downpours yields the nice rain smell going to ambient and it disappears when I turn recirc back on. I hope nothing breaks...

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk