A/C not working, Fans running loud, dash shaking, HELP 2011 JSW 2.0

Wag_on

TDI
2011 JSW Manual 2.0 TDI
Hey everyone, first post here.
about two months ago on a 90 degree day, my A/C wouldn’t get cold. I decided to Drive the highway to see if that might help but only slightly. ?
If the weather outside is below 80, I can get a decent breeze. Every now and then I’m sure I smell oil out of the vents, but could be mistaken.
Well a few days ago, I come to stop light and the dash is vibrating. I can hear the fans on LOUD. ?
When I turn the car off, the fans stay on, which I understand to be normal. They eventually turn off.
?But today was worse. It scared me actually.
I turn the car off after NOT using the AC and it’s about 65 degrees out. The fans are HOWLING. The dash is vibrating and under the passenger side dash I swear it sounds almost like dripping. I don’t see any fluid anywhere. Anyone have a clue what’s going on? Don’t have the cash for a tech at the moment, COVID hard times out in California.
Thanks for any replies

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Check the clutch pulley on the ac compressor.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I had a fan that was about to break off the shaft, and it finally did, that caused all sort of vibrations. Easy to spot from under the hood.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Is this your 2011? Are you still covered under the Extended Emissions Warranty still? These were very long times for a warranty and could cover whatever it is that is wrong. We need more details on your car though like how many miles on it and what if any emissions fixes have been done and when at at how many miles. This isn't the same as a new car warranty or CPO warranty. This one was court ordered and pretty extensive.

Wag_on

TDI
2011 JSW Manual 2.0 TDI
Is this your 2011? Are you still covered under the Extended Emissions Warranty still? These were very long times for a warranty and could cover whatever it is that is wrong. We need more details on your car though like how many miles on it and what if any emissions fixes have been done and when at at how many miles. This isn't the same as a new car warranty or CPO warranty. This one was court ordered and pretty extensive.
Emissions have been done. Just rolled 85,000 so it I still covered. Not a CPO.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I would get it in the shop then and let them deal with it. It shouldn't be doing what you say it is and should be codes for something I would imagine.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Might be a prank
I've been pranked and also been guilty of doing this
Tieing zipties to the cv axles, ball of road on the drive shaft.... that sort of thing.
A visual inspection of the general stuff under your car would be very usefull.