a-1 to t.d.i. engine / trans mounts

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, Rabit TDI
who in the u.s sells the engine & transmission mounts for a t.d.i. (alh) to a-1 car /truck ?/ Thanks :)again turbodan

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
engine mounts

i mean mk-1 chassie to alh engine mounts !! Who sells them in the u.s.a. ?? Thanks again Tdan:D

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
http://www.wrdusa.com/

sells them - depending on your transmission you might need to grind the tranny mount a bit to get all of your forward gears...

the passenger side engine internal waterpump mount will have to be custom made - its an addition of metal to a stock mk1 mount (not too painful)

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
mr. dave Had a post a few years ago w/ the pic's of the pass. engine mount w / the diamensions & what had to be changed, i ;):pcan't seem to find it anywhere !! the site you posted , does it have any pic's of that mount / Thanks again Tdan

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Spend a little time searching. What you are asking for has been posted a lot in the mk1 forum of the Vortex. The WRD mounts are an off the shelf alternative. If you are unable to weld then the WRDs are perfect.

Scottytdi

TDI
MK4 Jetta and soon to be SciroccoII m-tdi
I want to make these my self as well and have welding capabilities! any dimensions would be perfect!!! I was wondering why no one has just caded the patterns so that you could just print it out and boom you have perfect to scale patterns to use to cut out the pieces.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Scottytdi said:
I want to make these my self as well and have welding capabilities! any dimensions would be perfect!!! I was wondering why no one has just caded the patterns so that you could just print it out and boom you have perfect to scale patterns to use to cut out the pieces.
I think that has been done

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
Scottytdi said:
if you follow the link in my signature to my thread there are some good clear shots of what the mounts need to look like - if any of the images are broken that are relevent shoot me a PM or an email and i'll point you to the correct ones (changed image hosts halfway through the thread)

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
mk-1 tdi engine mounts

Every site i pull up has dia. & pic's of the trans mount ( 02j etc,etc. ) but none on the passenger side engine mount. Looking about 8 hours now & no luck !1 any help ?/ Thanks tdan