98 AHU wiring help

cbandy

TDI
pickup
Wiring harness in... no instruments tach speedo or indicator lights, odometer & clock Work. Jump started runs and throttles and key shuts the engine off. The key switch has Power but doesn't get to starter. What could be causing this? Glow plugs work, but no Light in cluster nothing there. Bentley seems to be confusing... got ross software on its way
.... needing assist
Chris
Cbandy@crowder.edu

cbandy

TDI
pickup
81 pickup from 98 jetta, whole harness but it was rmvd prior to owning it. I'm getting power to key switch but nothing at starter. No tach speedo or warning lights, but clock and odometer works all time.

Chris

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
starter power is probably due to the alarm not being present. Jumper the starter wire.

What cluster and cluster wiring are you using?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Clutch pedal interlock and alarm interlock are the two that come to mind, because those were my problem with my own swap.
The clutch pedal start interlock switch can be defeated with a squeeze on wiring splice tap.
The alarm interlock has two M-F connectors with large gauge red, or red/black, wires. Disconnect both, and plug the red wire from relay block 'F1' into the red/black one going to the starter. This will by-pass the alarm interlock.

cbandy

TDI
pickup
G60. It is from 98 vw jetta both are.. could this be relay related? The jumper around the security worked I now can start and throtttle engine and shutoff with key. Glow plugs are working. All I have is odometer and clock. Any ideas?

xtrigger

im havin a similar problem with my swap... I get no tach, no speedo, no warning lights... but clock and km come up and it lights up

89 jetta swapped with mk3 99 tdi engine and harness... it starts well and runs very good... just no indications of anything...

any ideas?

im assuming same issue as OP

thanks

cbandy

TDI
pickup
I found my problem, The yellow,green,red,white,brown and black bridge boxes were not connected. I didn't think I needed them. But connect the smaller wires to the bridge and it came to life. The security system even functions correctly now. No jumper to make it start.:D