97 Passat window motor

dieselherb

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat black
Has anyone bought or repaired the R or L window motor relay(black box on side of motor)? I have 3 regulators all bad, I took the relay cover off and ground and hot wire straight to the motor-motor worked both directions. So is it possible to repair or purchase just the relay?Cheaply that is! Its a shame to throw the whole regulator out.

grimlock

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, Black
I had a friend with a 95 Passat (VR6) who had issues with his right front passenger regulator (motor/control unit actually). Apparently it was repairable by replacing the hall effect sensor??. (I'm not exactly sure on the details, sorry)

When it came time to replace my passenger side motor, about 2yrs ago, I just bought the rip-off factory motor/control unit. $$$ yes, but I didn't have the time to investigate the problem. I had the regulator replaced at the same time, rather than end up opening up the door panel later on...

Wasn't exactly a lot of good info, but I hope that helped.

Richard

MrWorkout

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDi Sedan
I'm having issues with my rear driver window in my 96 Passat. I had a friend in the back try to roll it down and it went about 1 inch and just stopped. No pops or anything, just no go from the front or back switch. I'm hoping that it's just a loose wire, I don't feel like dropping cash on another motor. If I can get the window up and just lock it there, that's what I'll do. Ill let you know what I find out as I go.

MrWorkout

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDi Sedan
Can anyone help me find out how to remove the foam liner in my rear door? Anyone... Bueller? ... Bueller?

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Per bentleys - and I don't know what they're talking about,

"Remove door trim, moisture barrier and protective strip".

That's what they say to get to the innerds - sorry, but if really no instructions, I'm assuming you pull carefully.

Wish I could be more help.