97 Passat TDi Sedan for sale Milwaukee WI

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
I'm selling my 97 Passat TDi with 180k on it. Pictures at www.madrabbit.ws

The good: TC's all around replaced about 30k or so ago. Brake pads and rotors done about 15k. The car is rust free and the interior is clean and rip free. One year old alloys with good rubber. Brand new JVC mp3 CD stereo installed a month ago. Three new door handles installed at EVS in Milwaukee. VERY expensive but should be good for another bunch of years now.

I purchased it from another TDiclub member on Dec 06 for $6500 and just never used it. It was inspected at that time by Jason of JasonTDi, a friend and one of the best TDi wrenchs around but you all know that already. I purchased on his advice as he inspected it for another member who, for the life of me I can remember his name, Paul or John from Oshkosh WI.

I have been using Rotella synthetic since purchase, think I have one gallon extra. PO used Mobile1.

My sister needed a ride so after sitting in the garage for six months I loaned it to her to drive. She has driven it since about June of 06.

The bad: The injection pump seal is leaking and has destroyed the coolant hose that is directly under it so the coolant leaked out while parked.

Small scrap at rear wheel well, pictures coming soon on that and engine bay.

The drivers side window regulator is not working. The dealer was unable to fix after many attempts (EVS in Milwaukee) and I got tired of arguing with them.

I have a box of reciepts from the person I purchased it from and Jason has done (or helped me do) everything other than the door handles and window since I purchased it.

It needs a ballancer which I have already and will include with the sale.

Jason said car is worth $3500 but that was before I noticed the scrape on the wheel well which I think can be buffed, it is NOT to the metal at all. I'd like to get 3,000 and am willing to negociate as needed.

Please no low ball offers, I've been in the club a long time, I know these cars well enough. I drove this one a few months back and it is a very strong stock example with lots of miles left on it. I just don't drive enough to want to keep it (insurance for me in MKE is too high and was running me close to a dollar a mile considering I don't drive more than a 1000 a year now).

I don't check my PM that often but will try. Best to reach me via email at tony@madrabbit.ws. Car is located in Menomonee Falls WI (outside of Milwaukee) and I could arrange showings either by meeting you in person or answering calls while my nephew or sister actually show the car. I'm about 30 minutes away.

Thanks for checking it out, let me know if you would like more pictures and/or a number to reach you at to answer any questions.

Tony B.
TDiTony
02 Jetta GLS 5th gear, injectors, old man ccv, de-screened, and lots others
97 Passat GLS bone stock

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
server crash

I believe the link to the pictures is back up. Sorry FreeNAS server upgrade didn't go as planned last night.:mad: At least it is working now with GB speed on the local network. Sorry if anyone was trying to check them out while it was rebuilding the array.

Tony

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
TTT, nice car with a few small fixes. I still currently fix the prior owners car when he has is back in WI.

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
Thanks Jason

Jason,

Thanks for letting everyone know this is a decent car. If it sells before the new year, I will donate every dime over 2500 that i get for it to the Akita rescue that Jason is involved with.

I can't tell you how many times I get called from Jason and his is god knows where picking up a dog to take to a good home. Sometimes I think he is the best friend of mans' best friend and for that I say Thank you Jason once again.

I'll start putting up more pictures. If I don't sell it by the new year, I'll probably just have Jason fix it and drive it again myself for a while. My Jetta is fine but nowhere near as comfortable on long drives.

Tony B.

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
yep Kyle, I'm running around in the Jetta Coupe now. Molly just loves it and Cleone keeps asking why it is so zippy. (she equates sound with speed and I had to replace the rear muffler)

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 5sp, 2002 Jetta TDI 5sp
Ok, what's it take to seal up the seal on the injection pump? And the balancer?

toadz1

banned
TDI
A4
SD26 said:
Ok, what's it take to seal up the seal on the injection pump? And the balancer?
and the 3 way radiator hose. The access to those clamps is a b*tich

jasonTDI

TDI
I haven't seen what seal, depends. Could be a few hundred $$.

Balancer is 20 min and $75.

3 way hose is an hour and $45 for the part. Plus coolant.

I could go through it for you if you want. Just let us know.

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks, guys!

Need to move a trailer that I have. I am interested, but the trailer needs to go.

If anyone knows of someone that needs a nice auto hauler...

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Cargomate. 24x8.5 6.5 inside height. 4500# ramp door, beavertail. Dual 5200# torsion axles with electric brakes on both axles. Wheels are six lug wheels with 225/75R15 tires. 9900# GVWR. White vinyl ceiling, 4 5000# d-rings, and a motorcycle wheel chock. Aluminum tread plate stone guard, Trucklite lighting, cast aluminum corners, some stainless and aluminum trim. Side door, roof vent, three dome lights, and rear outside loading lights (need one bulb).

I've added some aluminum S-track, an aluminum door caddy, three 32x24x16 aluminum tread plate cabinets, a dual five gallon jug holder, two 48" tire racks (one needs repair), and one 72x14x16 aluminum tread plate cabinet. Spare tire with holder.

Finally, I have a full weight distribution set up. Includes 1200# torsion bars, the new high performance dynamic sway control, cast bar & trunion with 2 5/16" ball.

Could use one tire, but my spare is new. Could be swapped. Spare wheel is white while the stockers are a little more styled, silver steel wheels.

I bought it from someone that used it for mini dragster racing. I used it for motorcycle racing and teaching racing schools, and, after twenty two years, I'm not doing my teaching and scaled back my racing.

Asking $5400 for everything.

Couple pictures here at the bottom of the page. It's cold, and I'm still unloading some of my racing stuff.
http://www.team-visionsports.com/forsale.html

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
quantum_tdi said:
I would need that futon you have in there for sure if I bought a trailer like that. ;)
LOL! It is a nice trailer. Don't forget to get something to pull it too. :D

jasonTDI

TDI
SD26 said:
LOL! It is a nice trailer. Don't forget to get something to pull it too. :D
Just an excuse to get something bigger than the grand cherokee.

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
jasonTDI said:
Just an excuse to get something bigger than the grand cherokee.
LOL! Keep the Cherokee in the trailer...:)

jasonTDI

TDI
Then get a REAL truck to pull both with.

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
Thanks for keeping my post alive guys.

My sad news is that it appears as though my nephew has totaled my 02 Jetta now! Waiting to see it and hear from the insurance. I will not let the engine go to the yard unless I see it is gone (side crash so hopefully OK). It has about 127K and burns zero oil. Sadness but no the end!

Engine starts and runs fine. damage was minimal but the air bag deployed so they totaled it. Parts will be posted soon.

Last edited:

draco76

Veteran Member
TDI
99 NB(sold), 03 NB(sold), 100% bug free :) 99.5 4d Golf, 2004 GL Wagon
ya buy that baby back, lot of people here would like a shot at it I'm sure.

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow! That sucks, but at least you still had a back up.

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
Yes, this is still for sale. It is completely stock so yes it still has it's 5th injector and EGR. Still have the top and bottom cover though they have seen better days.

Going to find some time for Jason to swing over and check the pump out but need to bribe him with dinner and drinks and wait until better weather.

JerryPT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS wagon
Thanks for the bump Jason, I'll mention this to my friend who is looking for a TDI.

Price of B99 just went to $2.89 locally!

Jerry

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
289 for b99! Almost makes me wish I still drove places :) Got the day off tomorrow so cold bike ride is in my future. Someone is coming to check out the Passat on Saturday. It's a nice car, I hate seeing it sit. We will see what happens.

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
Hey Tony, I might have the excuse to come back that way in a bit. I might be selling my '03 wagon and would consider driving the passat home so I'd have matching engines to work on... let me know what tomorrow brings and shoot me an email with what you hope to get from it.

Plus if I drove home I could fill the car with more stuff I left behind in Milwaukee... ;)