97 Jetta TDI on FB Marketplace, 33k miles...

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
You bought a broken 20 year old fake Porsche for $4k. Yeah, that's a GREAT deal. LMAO....
It works just fine, CEL came on for its timing service.
Still nicer than any VW ever mad, close to the Phaton though!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is a Touareg with a 911-styled skin stretched over it. That makes it "nicer"? LMAO, you're too much, man.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
What is this "rust" thing you all speak of?

Guess that's one advantage of our "dry heat" 120 degree summers...we get to deal with melted wax dripping out of the MKIV doors instead.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
And falling headliners, and fogged headlights, and deteriorating rubber bits...every climate has its advantages and disadvantages. Here in MA we're expecting snow tonight.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
And falling headliners, and fogged headlights, and deteriorating rubber bits...every climate has its advantages and disadvantages. Here in MA we're expecting snow tonight.
Ha, it's 90 degrees here and my AC is on high :p

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
It works just fine, CEL came on for its timing service.
Still nicer than any VW ever mad, close to the Phaton though!
To each his own, but I wouldn't touch a used Cayenne with a 10' pole, even if the pole belonged to someone else. And how is a Cayenne not just a reskinned Touareg? Interior appointments and body skin aside they are identical.

And the only Phaeton (I assume that's what you meant?) I would want would be a SWB TDI car from Europe, the simplest of the lot.

I might be biased because I came here from the Mk2 cars (my first VW was a Mk2) but I know the Mk2/3/B3/B4 platform really well and I know how to maintain it. That's probably not worth a lot since these are so old but when my cars are all on this platform it makes my job a lot easier.

As for Boxters, the only ones that are down in the $7k range you mentioned appear to be the beaten ones that aren't worth buying IMO.

Steve