'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

BamaB4S

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat
Enjoying reading 90+ posts and learning A3/A4, B4 GLX/TDI intricacies from the knowledgeable VW veterans.
On the other hand, roadtripping ~3,400 miles to inspect this B4 example is also tempting. :cool:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I need the trim for the exterior of the C pillar. Its about 4-5 inches long and maybe 2 inches high. I also need the rear view mirror covers for the inside of both front doors. Thanks.
I may have some of those somewhere...seems I got several once, what color are you looking for?

Steve

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
I am needing the drivers door window guide and regulator. Would you be willing to pull them - for compensation? Thank you for your reply. 541-591-1430 Roxanna

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
I fixed the issue with the shift tower, so I am set on that. Any chance you could get the climate control unit in the next month or so?

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
I have it and it should fit into a flat rate box. I’ll package it tonight. Can you pm me your address?
would you be willing to get a driver door window guide and possibly a regulator from your pick and pull find? I was told it needed a regulator, and when the regulator was installed, discovered the lack of a window guide. Thank you for considering this adventure.

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
would you be willing to get a driver door window guide and possibly a regulator from your pick and pull find? I was told it needed a regulator, and when the regulator was installed, discovered the lack of a window guide. Thank you for considering this adventure.
14183 E Whispering Ocotillo Place, Vail, AZ 85641
how much to send you and address to send $$ to.
Many thanks

Dodgedzl

TDI
1996 Passat, 2013 Jetta current 9 total
Good Morning, I live in New Mexico. I’m thinking of making a a road trip to see this car and pull some parts off of it. Where is the car located? Thank you, Hans

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
asking for the driver door regulator and the piece that keeps the window in place when the motor is rolling the window up and down, I have not been able to locate the part number or name, but usually it is connected to the regulator. I would be glad to drive ti pick it up if you are willing to see if it is on the car. I am willing to pay you for your effort and also if you are willing to pull it. My residence is in the Tucson area, I have a 97 B4 sedan. thank you
roxanna

Last edited:

Durtydubbs

TDI
Mk2 1.6 compound TD (in progress), Mk4 jetta wagon, T1 V10 Touareg
I need the lower dipstick tube that goes into the block. Let me know if thats possible

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Abacus, you’re a true trooper. I definitely wouldn’t have time to do what you’re doing.

-Todd

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
asking for the driver door regulator and the piece that keeps the window in place when the motor is rolling the window up and down, I have not been able to locate the part number or name, but usually it is connected to the regulator. I would be glad to drive ti pick it up if you are willing to see if it is on the car. I am willing to pay you for your effort and also if you are willing to pull it. My residence is in the Tucson area, I have a 97 B4 sedan. thank you
roxanna
The part you need to prevent the window in place is not part of the regulator, but is the window guide, part number 357837077B. It goes on the slider that is attached to the window regulator but is not part of it.

I can see if they are in OK shape but they can wear out and cause the issue you're having. If they are I'll grab them. Can you put them in? It doesn't sound like you've had the inner door card off but I can take a look at it for you, I'm very familiar with the B4 windows and would be happy to help.

The one on the right is worn out and was causing the issue you describe.

Hansi

TDI
two 2003 5 speed wagons, 2000 golf 5speed, 1996 passat tdi
Upper, lower, or both? With or without the MAF?
I'm looking to restore my 96 passat back to stock, got a big cold air intake it came with and need it gone soon, I'm assuming I need it all with MAF too. All I drive now are mk4 alh's so I'm not as familiar with the stock setup is in this platform.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I am needing the drivers door window guide and regulator. Would you be willing to pull them - for compensation? Thank you for your reply. 541-591-1430 Roxanna
I have both of them from the car but they didn’t give them away. They were $50 each but are in good shape and have the motors. I figured if you didn’t want them I’d use them for my own car In due time.

I do have a few of the clips that fix what you describe, and I can put them in if you’d like. Or if it needs the whole thing that’s pretty easy as well, but I’m not headed down that way anytime soon.

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
What a great find. Thank you for your time. I am grateful for your offer to bring the car your way, do repairs, and settle up with finances - Please call to set a meet up. 541-591-1430

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
I have both of them from the car but they didn’t give them away. They were $50 each but are in good shape and have the motors. I figured if you didn’t want them I’d use them for my own car In due time.

I do have a few of the clips that fix what you describe, and I can put them in if you’d like. Or if it needs the whole thing that’s pretty easy as well, but I’m not headed down that way anytime soon.

snoopy smiles

TDI
B4 and Touareg
also would ask if you go back to the pick and pull, the 96 tdi passat now needs driver and passenger door handles. Would you be willing to get the door handles? I am also willing to send you payment - let me know what works best for you.
Roxanna

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I know that was there. I'll grab it when I'm there.

I may be able to make it down next weekend. I'll load up the wagon with a bunch of stuff in case I find something going on. I don't have my Vag-Com though, my brother back in Maine is borrowing it for his 2015 TDI because mice chewed through some wiring in his car. He corrected 27 fault code issues but still has a few left. My mom's 2012 TDI also has a few issues he's trying to diagnose.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I can ship my dongle to you, if interested. I do want it back though!

Send me a message if you want to borrow it.

-Todd