'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

Benjamis

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4V 1Z 318k
I'm interested in the front passenger door latch mechanism 357 837 016G. Maybe pull them all, they are discontinued and hard to find, I think they will all fit in a small flat rate box... Also as many driver door plastic clips that connect the interior plastic part of the door to the metal as you can get. The clips that fit into the metal of the door and that the door plastic screws into. Also a door switch 3A0 947 561A.

volksguy

Veteran Member
Hello i have a fedex account for shipping a piller is about 2 feet long need a tan one with all the Screws hole covers you can find. As far as the Harnesses it could be left over from even a car that looks stripped thank you

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Hello i have a fedex account for shipping a piller is about 2 feet long need a tan one with all the Screws hole covers you can find. As far as the Harnesses it could be left over from even a car that looks stripped thank you
I will see what condition it's in when I go back. They're pretty big so I'll have to find a box.

What is the part number for the temp sensor, or where is it located.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I'm interested in the front passenger door latch mechanism 357 837 016G. Maybe pull them all, they are discontinued and hard to find, I think they will all fit in a small flat rate box... Also as many driver door plastic clips that connect the interior plastic part of the door to the metal as you can get. The clips that fit into the metal of the door and that the door plastic screws into. Also a door switch 3A0 947 561A.
I have had many of those off and they shouldn't be too pricey. I think they're around $15 each.

AZTreker

TDI
1996 Passat
I am in need of the clutch high pressure hydraulic hose. How do I get you my shipping information if the part is available?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
In a VR6, the outside temp sensor lives in the lower grill under the bumper and the harness routes back to the fuse panel through a rubber plug under the master cylinder.
Someone's adding MFA it sounds like....

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Heading to the yard this morning to get the parts people requested that are available. If there are others, let me know.

I’ll have a list of what I got later today.

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
I suppose I am too late, but if you are back there I could use the interior HVAC control panel. I was going to buy one from ToddA1, but I didn't move fast enough and it is sold now.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I can email pictures of the Temperature harness or how do you post a picture here?
I pulled and installed one in my 1990 B3V wagon when I did the TDI conversion, but I don't think I got any more than the one.

If I see something I'll definitely look into getting it, but I haven't seen a VR6 car around here in the JY's in ages....

Steve

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I suppose I am too late, but if you are back there I could use the interior HVAC control panel. I was going to buy one from ToddA1, but I didn't move fast enough and it is sold now.
I know there is one there, I'll have to head back and see what I can grab. They're only open when I'm at work though, and we're gone next weekend for Thanksgiving, but I'll go as soon as I can. How soon do you need it? I may have one in my parts stash I can send and then replace it with the one from the yard. I'll have to check since I don't know what made the trip west and what didn't.

Hello or the tan A piller Trim and screw hole covers
Yes, I know. You've posted it 3 times in this thread alone. There is one there but I did not have enough time to remove it with the other items I needed to get. Just be patient. The temp sensor and harness is not there.

Steve Addy said:
That car also had the uber rare center exhaust cover for the tunnel...haven't seen too many of those!!
The GLX still has it, but it's a little bent in the front from when they pulled the engine and tranny.

Last edited:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Steve said:
That car also had the uber rare center exhaust cover for the tunnel...haven't seen too many of those!!
The GLX still has it, but it's a little bent in the front from when they pulled the engine and tranny.
That's pretty shocking after 25 years it's still on the car, so many of them got tossed in the trash at some point, especially if they had exhaust work done.

The one I acquired first had the front section bent down to fully reveal the catalyst, but with a little work I was able to reform it back into the proper shape. On my wagon it acts just as a resonator cover now.

Steve

jdulle

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4, 97 B4
No hurry, I have been living with the vents set in the face position for a couple of years. In the winter it is nice to have defrost and foot warming though.

volksguy

Veteran Member
Yes i bought the ebay one it had Cut Wires was Hopefully Trying to get a Better Example of it

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Yes i bought the ebay one it had Cut Wires was Hopefully Trying to get a Better Example of it
So you bought that one on ebay and it ended up being cut?

Sorry to hear if that's the case, I don't remember that it was disclosed that the harness was not fully intact. Crazy too, there's no reason to cut that harness to get it out.

Again, if I run across something I'll see about getting it.

Steve

PassatLife

TDI
1996 Passat Tdi Wagon
If its not too late, would it happen to have the stock struts still? I'm missing the rear rubber spacers that go between the spring and the top plate, amongst some other hardware as well

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Crazy too, there's no reason to cut that harness to get it out.
Doesn't that wire go all the way through the firewall with no junction until the CE2 block? I could be wrong, since it was years ago that I dug one of those out, but that seems like a lot of work for a part that's likely getting hacked into a non-OEM car. Especially if it's going on ebay (mine didn't).