92 Jetta ECOdiesel cooling fan motor?

Denno56

TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel
Hello,
Im wondering if anyone knows were I can get an exact fit cooling fan (Bosch) motor?
Its for my 92 Jetta ECOdiesel
Mine froze up and quit.
Been trying to find a new or used one?
Even an after market ones ok?
thank you
Dennis

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Way back in the day I think IDParts got me one. It's the same fan as used on the Corrado and B3 Passat VR6.

It's one of the few that is a 3 speed motor. But if you can only find a 2 speed it's easy to rewire. I'm trying to remember how the factory wiring is set up... I think the AC being on, and 1st level on the radiator temp switch activates speed 1, AC high pressure or the 2nd level in the rad temp switch activates speed 2, and there's another temp switch on the cylinder head that activates speed 3.

-J

Denno56

TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel
Thank you. I can send you picks of the connects if that helps? Im checking all the local junk yards too.
Wish i could find just the fan motor? Might have to send it out for a rebuild? Or get it rebuilt and keep as a spare if i can find another one?
my email is, Denno56@gmail.com
👍🏻

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The part number is 357-959-455-L and non-OEM (Chinacool, unfortunately) are available still.

Just google that part number. There is also a little belt that runs over to the second fan hub. That part number is 1H0-119-137-A. These are also available.

Fortunately, despite the strangeness and rarity of the A2 Ecodiesel Jetta, it does share a handful of parts with other VAG products of the same vintage.

Denno56

TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel
The part number is 357-959-455-L and non-OEM (Chinacool, unfortunately) are available still.

Just google that part number. There is also a little belt that runs over to the second fan hub. That part number is 1H0-119-137-A. These are also available.

Fortunately, despite the strangeness and rarity of the A2 Ecodiesel Jetta, it does share a handful of parts with other VAG products of the same vintage.
Thank you so much for the help. I appreciate it very much.
Dennis

Denno56

TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel
Jeez, sell it to ibw and let him find the fan
Thank you so much for the help. I appreciate it very much.
Dennis
Way back in the day I think IDParts got me one. It's the same fan as used on the Corrado and B3 Passat VR6.

It's one of the few that is a 3 speed motor. But if you can only find a 2 speed it's easy to rewire. I'm trying to remember how the factory wiring is set up... I think the AC being on, and 1st level on the radiator temp switch activates speed 1, AC high pressure or the 2nd level in the rad temp switch activates speed 2, and there's another temp switch on the cylinder head that activates speed 3.

-J
I am having a hard time trying to find one of those cooling fan motors?

Denno56

TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel
Thanks I will give it a shot.
The part #’s on the Bosch motor are
357-959-455-H not L. I wonder what the difference us?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I Had an Eco Diesel for a couple years back in the 90’s it absolutely was amazing! I had to put a cooling fan on it…I sold it to buy my 1st TDI in 1999!