80k service waterpump?

themow

TDI
none yet
Aside from the t-belt what else major should be performed at that time.. usually like the waterpump should be done then too in my experiences with other cars

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Water pump while in there. Inspect the cam & lifters. If you are not doing the work yourself, get the car to a good Guru.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
09 = 120K for TB

themow said:
Aside from the t-belt what else major should be performed at that time..
Depends on the model year as to when the TB is due for a change. 09 and later have a 120K TB!!

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
MayorDJQ said:
AFAIK, there han't been an 80k TB change interval since the '02-'03 manual transed ALH engines.
seems to be a lot of confusion on that, I never really knew what it is but I'm going to 100k

srptdi

TDI
2005.5 jetta black
100k is the scheduled tb and waterpump change

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
srptdi said:
100k is the scheduled tb and waterpump change
That depends on the year of the car.

This thread is pretty much useless since the OP didn't state what vehicle he/she is asking about.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
If you look in the Bentley paper book, you will note the TB change interval is 80K for the BRM contrary to what the owner's manual (OM) may specify. Also, many here who own BHWs (04-05 B5 Passat TDIs) got letters from VW specifying an 80K TB change as opposed to what's specified in the OM. I would say 100K for BEWs, BRMs, and BHWs would most likely be OK based on the many I have performed over the years but, the moment I tell this to a customer and it goes at 99,999, who would be considered the real a-hole in this matter?:rolleyes: Play at your own risk. ;) Later!

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
MayorDJQ said:
AFAIK, there han't been an 80k TB change interval since the '02-'03 manual transed ALH engines.
03 ALHs had a 100K specified TB change interval due to the increase in the size of the large idler roller bearing. Later!

themow

TDI
none yet
sorry i havent responded been without cable and power for 3 days.... Love my wood stove......anyway its an 06 TDI. Got a quote from a tdi guy in the area and it said nothing bout the water pump. I asked he said its on the TB at this interval. But i say when youre there why not?

lekolite

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL
Don't use whoever you got the quote from. Not doing the WP at the same time is a red flag they don't know what they're doing in the TDI engine, and they are likely to skip other vital things too, one time use bolts, mark and pray, etc...

lekolite

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL
It may be time they are removed then. I'd suggest you post your experience in the Trusted mechanics thread.