8 hours for a turbo swap ????

Crazy Memphis

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2000
i hope you are talking about vwdiesel addict and not me . !!!!!!!

Honeydew said:
He is a "troll scorned", likely banned under a different user name.
never mind guys... his rate is now50$ an hours not 45$ and he charged me 7.5 hours = 375$ cdn. and he got me 2 brand new hose for 25$ at the scrap yeard when the dealer detail them at 150$ total.
for a total of 400$ and i only had 390$ on me so he said all right !!!!

390$ for a a turbo swap + 2 brand new hose for ic + 1 beer.

paid him cash so no taxe( and here we have 2 mofo taxe lol !!! )

Quincy

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
To the so called MECHANICS...that work at dealers and other shady shops.
There is a reason this forums exits. The reason is YOU. With your high rates and BS diagnostics.
If you get flak for your postings is becouse we actually KNOW what you are talking about and it does not fly like with the soccer moms you BS all day long.
As for the NEWB that still leave with his MOM...Ahh, I am not even gona bother!!!!

Quincy, how's the car flying my friend?

TDI
Jetta
Doc_Oc said:
To the so called MECHANICS...that work at dealers and other shady shops.
There is a reason this forums exits. The reason is YOU. With your high rates and BS diagnostics.
If you get flak for your postings is becouse we actually KNOW what you are talking about and it does not fly like with the soccer moms you BS all day long.
As for the NEWB that still leave with his MOM...Ahh, I am not even gona bother!!!!

Your post exemplifies the paradigm of most members.
LOL
Thanks for showing me once again.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Dude, prove as wrong by being a "trusted" mechanic. Did you read even ONE of the thousand of cases of timing belt mishaps, or missdiagnostics of broken turbos/IP etc? Ppl pay thousands of dolars because of this mistakes.
And it was proven here on the forum that most of the times when somebody calls himself "MECHANIC", he is full of it. It was proven here that if in a debate his only argument is "I know better, I am a MECHANIC" he is SO full of it.
Maybe you are a good mechanic. I'll never know. But is THIS attitude that catches you flak, more than anything.
Good luck.

PS: How many threads, or I should say, how many posts did you read so far that you're able to stereotype all of us?
You better not have a problem or ask for the forum's help anytime soon after posts like this. That would brake some hell loose:)

TDI
Jetta
Doc_Oc said:
Dude, prove as wrong by being a "trusted" mechanic. Did you read even ONE of the thousand of cases of timing belt mishaps, or missdiagnostics of broken turbos/IP etc?
Thousands of cases?
Ok, lets take this as a fact. If there are thousands then there are millions of TB jobs that went okay. :eek:
Lets hear it for them!!

And it was proven here on the forum that most of the times when somebody calls himself "MECHANIC", he is full of it.
What about the forum's pilot and part time student that call themselves MECHANIC? Are they full of it also?

They just make fun of any one else that is a MECHANIC, to the point of being evil.

Notice the real proffesionals such as Herm, Hill, Runbear and many others that actually have an establishment and do this full time. They never ever criticize dealers or other shops.
This is because they know what they are talking about and do not have to use fear tactics to herd in members for their cronie membership like the pilot and partime student..

Tell us, who really has made thousands of TB mistakes.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
VWDiesel Addict said:
Notice the real proffesionals such as Herm, Hill, Runbear and many others that actually have an establishment and do this full time. They never ever criticize dealers or other shops.
This is because they know what they are talking about and do not have to use fear tactics to herd in members for their cronie membership like the pilot and partime student...
You just proved my point.

They are TRUSTED MECHANICS because they do GOOD WORK. Not because they CALL THEMSELFS MECHANICS.
Do your work and let OTHER ppl give you good reviews. Don't waste your time and words to praise yourself. The humbleness of the ppl you name above (even the "pilot and student") is what made them respectable on this forum. Ppl like you come and go all the time. Ppl like the above mentioned, well, let;s just say I met a couple at the TDIfest and they are what this forums is all about. Answering questions and helping onthers.

If you have anything else to say, please take it in PM.

Crazy Memphis

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2000
Doc_Oc said:
the car is real sweet to drive even with out the proper tune... i am waiting a bite for the turbo to brake in and by that time i should have made up my mind for the tune cie i am gonna choose from ... i am not regrating my choice.

i just made a new trhead gt1852v installation. i 'll stop posting here cuz some newb are starting to bug me off !!!

Crazy Memphis

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2000
VWDiesel Addict said:
Your post exemplifies the paradigm of most members.
LOL
Thanks for showing me once again.
lol dude i am 21 years old i live in a appartment with my girlfriend and i still do all of my mecanic MYSELF, exept the turbo installation i don't have the skill to do it.... i am not calling myself a mecanic but i still can change a tb, suspension, change oil-gaz-hay- .... filter, and much more !!! some of my friend come to me for advice or for some help doing modification or maintenace on their car and i am not that good of a mecano but i know alot of how to do it yourself ....... drivebywire, wingnut .... these guys are really home made mecano .... mecanic isn't there job but they are f.u.c.k.i.n.g good at it like mrchill that own a garage !!!!

sincerely you are new so why not make yourself a new account while your at it !!!! and a hint: no one here calls them self a mecanic you know why... because it's not a pissing contest here ... we are here to have fun and to learn .... if you want to show everyone that you have knowledge and skill post and help other.

Quincy

codeblue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Vento GLX TDI
I don't have any personal experience with DBW, but from what I have seen on the forums he has provided us with many helpful and detailed posts that have saved some people a lot of money.

There are a lot of people out there that call themselves "mechanics" or say they are actual certified mechanics or technicians. We have no way of verifying, so who's to say they are or aren't. Some know what they are talking about and some do not.

For example, I used to work in a call center that provided technical support for computer network equipment. We used to get at least a few calls a day from people claiming to be "Network Administrators" or MCSE or CCNA certified technicians, who couldn't even setup a basic home router.

If you don't agree with someones opinions or practices, then don't use their services. Go buy a $45 Bentley manual for your car. Even if you don't want to work on your car, at least learn how the procedures are done. That way when you talk to your "mechanic", you can ask more knowledgable questions or try to get on the same level of understanding.

Ask questions. You have choices. There is no good reason to just attack someone and call them names, just go somewhere else. We don't want this place to be like Vortex.

TDI
Jetta
Doc_Oc said:
You just proved my point.
Don't waste your time and words to praise yourself. The humbleness of the ppl you name above (even the "pilot and student") is what made them respectable on this forum. .
I never said I was a MECHANIC. You guys jump to conclusions and then it becomes a fact.

I am a career counselor at a high school.

You and some others suck up here just to be able to get help someday. Its a way of life for some.

Last edited:

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Dude, what you smoking up there at you'r moms?
I don't suck up on nobody. I never had my car in a shop or at any of the gurus arround here. Who's making the ASSumptions now????

Well, you know what they say, "those who CAN'T DO, teach". What side are you on?

Crazy Memphis

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2000
VWDiesel Addict said:
You and others suck up to others here just to be able to get help someday. Its a way of life for some.
i am really not mean as a person but, most ppl here aren't waiting credit for what they do ... and by the way you say that doc_oc and others like me ( perhaps ?) are sucking up on others to get help someday .... i would really like to know how old you are to have a job like that and still live at your mom's house !!! like you said: You and others suck up to others here just to be able to get help. but you are the one SU*CK*ING up your mom's for help or a bedroom ( not sexual ;) )

we all have each others back ..... an other thing .. you don't want to become a veteran member just on posthing sh*it or defending yourself... if your really that good in mecanic even if you are not one .... we don't care ... help other ppl, prove to other that you can diagnostic other ppl probleme and then you will have a good reputation.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Just to continue with the degredation of this thread...

I think the full quote goes something like this

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. The really good do both.

I've had the privilage to work with and be educated by all 3 of the above kinds of people. There are not many who can do both, but be careful calling out those who can't, they just might be able to do both. It's at this point you start to feel really dumb (I know from experience).