796 bulbs (double post)

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
None - did own '01 and '02 Jetta TDI
Hey guys,

Anyone local have a line on 796 halogen bulbs? I need two for my reverse lights. These replace the P21W bulbs...

I also posted in the upgrades section, but I figured someone on the Atlantic board might have a closer connection for me.

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
I have but I cannot find any documentation on the lumens. Also, they are much more expensive. The lumens and cost is the variables. It is nice to say that I am running LED's. but for the sake of reverse lights - I don't give a crap...:eek:

Most of my conversation is in the other thread as I just posted here to see if any local guys/gals had a lead on some.

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
796 35W Halogen Bulbs are available in Canada...
Parts for Trucks has them for $20 each
UAP (Napa) has them for $15 each

These bulbs are used in the rotating work lights that you see on top of commercial pickup trucks. UAP Napa calls it an instrument cluster bulb

I will be picking them up tomorrow. There is also a 50W version, p/n: 795 - I don't want to push the current draw that much though...

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
So...I installed the 35W Halogens and there is not much difference. It was noticeable, but not enough to justify the cost. I guess I will have to look for the 2004 style taillights.