6th Annual DETROIT AUTO SHOW GTG - NAIAS 2013

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Don't think you'll have any problems. Only reason I put snows on was for upstate NY on the way back. Looked like we might hit some lake effect snow.

In Albany now, sun's out.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
_Mattman, Bhtooefr, and myself will be leaving this afternoon at around 3:30. will see everyone at the Restaurant, perhaps the hotel beforehand.

Drive safe, looks like a beautiful day for a drive.

99.5GOlf

TDI
1999.5 Golf
Counting down the hours.....6 to go! It's to bad I live close so a full day of work for me. See everyone soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
aaand I'm off! Will probably end up going straight to the restaurant by the time I get there. See y'all then..

~M
So much for leaving before dawn you slacker. ;)

Speaking of slacking... I just woke up. :D

Sprockette

Sprocket's wife
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech Package
So much for leaving before dawn you slacker. ;)

Speaking of slacking... I just woke up. :D
Hah, I've put in over half a day of work so far. Granted I didn't have to go to the airport at 12:30. :p

Looks like I will be heading to the hotel after work since I don't want to drive to the other side of the city and then back.

Speaking of disappointing, though, I can't believe no one is stay at our place. Didn't have an excuse to make Sprocket help me clean. ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
You're throwing a wild party at your place? Open bar? SWEET! ;)

Give me a call when you're leaving work. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
You'll probably find them at the Days Inn by Arborland Mall. :eek:

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Tooefapedia is in da house :p

VeeDubTDI

TDI
See everyone at the Bomber @ 7:30am... or at the COBO lobby @ 9:15am. I'll have tickets in the Cobo lobby - enter the show at 9:30.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Have fun guys...:( Wish I could have made it this year.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Please get as much info (& pics) as you can on the BMW diesels. have fun!!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm exhausted. I had a blast today!

Not at the show...
Mazda 6 diesel (except for a race car)
Chevy Cruze diesel
Cadillac ATS diesel

It was a bit of a let-down since the Internet has been buzzing about these for a few weeks.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee was there, VW had several TDIs, as did Audi. I didn't see any BMW diesels. There was the Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI and the Grand Cherokee V6 diesel.

The two VW concept SUVs were both interesting (Cross Coupe and the Blue hybrid TDI thing)... They were definitely getting a lot of attention.

The show was so packed by noon that I didn't really get a good look at Mercedes.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
I'm exhausted. I had a blast today!

Not at the show...
Mazda 6 diesel (except for a race car)
Chevy Cruze diesel
Cadillac ATS diesel
Lame. I was psyched to see the Cruze diesel. What a let-down

It was a bit of a let-down since the Internet has been buzzing about these for a few weeks.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee was there, VW had several TDIs, as did Audi. I didn't see any BMW diesels. There was the Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI and the Grand Cherokee V6 diesel.

The two VW concept SUVs were both interesting (Cross Coupe and the Blue hybrid TDI thing)... They were definitely getting a lot of attention.

The show was so packed by noon that I didn't really get a good look at Mercedes.
The crowds were ridiculous, and compared with last year, this year seemed sorta "meh". I too liked the VW cross-coupe concept. Color me interested. Seemed like the odd child of VW and Subie to me.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk 2

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah some years have a lot of new stuff going on and some don't. Keep riding the wave!

Next year should have the Mk7 Golf!! There are no Golfs at the show this year.

There is a sneak peak cutaway of the new modular TDI engine that is interesting to see - air to water intercooler and two timing belts (the main one on the front and a small one on the back for the high pressure pump).

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hey let me know when you guys go to brunch...
I missed this post. We are at the Plymouth Ice Festival now. Not sure how much longer we will be here or what we're doing after... I'll text you if we are around.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I got home a couple hours ago.....It was a great weekend! the temperature dropped like a rock late last night and the wind howled all night ! I walked out to my car to leave at 7:30 this am and thought I was going to freeze!!I stopped to fill up and my hands are still cold!!
Stopped at the " The Bomber " for a nice meal to drive home with!!
Ready to go back!!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I got home about a half-hour ago. PeterV and I had a great drive: 849 miles in 13 hours. We had strong tail winds all the way. I started with a full tank, added 2 gallons at the MA/NY border and the low fuel light came on about 2 miles from my house. I'm guessing about 48 MPG for the trip.

This was a great weekend: even though the show was crowded it was a lot of fun. I think my favorites were the Mazda 6 and the 1 liter 2014 Ford Fiesta. That car would be fun. And it was great to see everyone, and to put some new faces with user names.

After three trips out there since last July Michigan seems close! I'm ready to go back.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I ran through snow showers from the Hotel to nearly the Pa line sometimes really bad at was really cold until I got halfway across Pa it was 62 degrees here at home!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Definitely crazy weather and a LOT of wind this weekend. I'm glad everyone had a good time - definitely looking forward to the next one. :D

Jason and I are in Adrian, MI tonight. It's snowing here... Heading home tomorrow.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Thanks so much to my TDI friends for a great weekend. I really appreciated everything!!! :)

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the Mazda 'expert' told us all (and probably everyone else that asked) that the 6 diesel will be here in the summer, and it does not have "urethra". Yes, seriously, he did use that word. :rolleyes:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks so much to my TDI friends for a great weekend. I really appreciated everything!!! :)

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the Mazda 'expert' told us all (and probably everyone else that asked) that the 6 diesel will be here in the summer, and it does not have "urethra". Yes, seriously, he did use that word. :rolleyes:
That's what I thought I heard him say...

He also told us that it wouldn't have a DPF. :rolleyes: