60k service and fuel filter change a success

larrydk

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen
First off thanks to this website for all of the insightful assistance. I'm, not sure why I had so much anxiety about changing the fuel filter myself. I've done plenty of maintenance work over the years and have changed oil (and fuel filters on gassers) countless times, but this is my first diesel and I'm very aware of how important the fuel filter system is for the HPFP.

In any case, it was so easy. I did not prime the pump afterwards with the VCDS, but did top the canister to the brim with Liquid-Moly Diesel Purge.

All in all I conducted the 60k service myself in a bit under 1-1/2 hours. I figure I saved myself at least $400 from what the dealership would've charged so I took my wife out for a good burger!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
All in all I conducted the 60k service myself in a bit under 1-1/2 hours. I figure I saved myself at least $400 from what the dealership would've charged so I took my wife out for a good burger!
Were a dying breed, aren't we? I'm a bit of a romantic myself. Afters my beloved is done with changing the oil on the car or tilling the garden, I'll lovingly say to her: "Here's $20 dollars, go ahead and buy yourself some flowers and bring me back the change".

How thorough was your visual inspection of the underside of the car? A lot of guys think a scheduled service is just changing the oil and skipping the actual intent of the service. Sometimes they will even brag about how they did a top side oil change and didn't even have to crawl under the car.:rolleyes:

Last edited: