60K plus miles in and repairs will almost total last year vehicle purchase

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
If you have to remove the timing belt for the camshaft seal then the serpentine belt would come off first meaning you shouldn’t pay labor for that, it would be part of the other repair. There’s no difference in putting the old belt back or changing to a new one.

013_TDI

TDI
(2013 Passat TDI SE 2.0 - Sold) 2014 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Premium Plus Sport Edition
Was the water pump leaking? Is that the cause of the early timing belt/water pump replacement? Mine failed at 53k under powertrain warranty.
Yes, I saw fluid leaking took in and was old that the wat pump was failing and because the timing belt had to come off to replace th water pump, I had to get a ew I’m in belt and pulleys and such, it was an expensive repare after one month of ownership

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
That makes s3ense on the water pump, the timing belt and serpentine belt were replaced on mine at that time because of the coolant contamination to the belts. I chose to pay for the tensioner and the rollers so I don’t have to replace any of that until 183k.

013_TDI

TDI
(2013 Passat TDI SE 2.0 - Sold) 2014 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Premium Plus Sport Edition
I bought my 2013 Passat TDI March of 2021 and a month later I had to drop 2.1K for water pump and timing belt replacement. The car had 32K on it. At 40K I had my first dsg service. I hit a deer just before 60K and my second dsg service. After repares and dsg service engine light came on, AC started making an odd noise, and just recently I heard a metallic clanging noise.

Took the car not the dealer and I got a 7K estimate for repairs - I’m really bummed because this car has been running great otherwise. I don’t have 7K and with that amount n repaires I can’t sell it (maybe trade it in?)...

Advice/experiences would be greatly appreciated
After paying for these repairs I’m wondering if I should sell the car or keep it in hops thatthe major bugs have been addressed