5X112 conversion for Mk4's?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
25mm spacing is likely going to be a wee bit much. Paired with an ET50 offset maybe... :) I am looking for a used set so I can experiment. 25mm might not be too much... LOL
cheers,
Douglas

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
redrill and tap the hubs
wallow out the holes in the rotors with a carbide burr

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Pak,
You'd just get away with the ECS 20mm conversion spacers, but I really don't see why one would bother.
If you really really want 5x112 pattern because you have a set of wheels? Plenty of 15" or 16" wheels around
with 5x100 pattern. I've got a set of VW NB 16" wheels. Contact me if innerested.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would imagine you could look through the B5 parts bin and find hubs that could fit the A4's front wheel bearings and joints and rear spindles.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I got a set off scamazon a few years back. I put them on the Jetta a couple years ago to run a set of 15" VW Lyon rims I have. They really didn't stick outside of fenders, but I don't know what the offset is. I used them in the summer months. I may consider selling them, just need to find them...

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
What happened was I got a screaming deal on a set of tires/wheels, and eventually scooped up a pair of the 20mm ECS adapters off that marketplace on line. Those adapters needed a bit of lathe work/fitting for use on my particular car for the hub centering to fit properly. Am not all that unhappy with 'em... :)

Douglas

afterthisnap

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagons, ALH/CJAA
I've used the Amazon-quality bolt on aluminum spacer/adapters for at least 2 sets of tires, lots of highway driving, more than "normal" offroad/snow driving, and carrying loads of ~500lbs without issue.

The biggest benefit to me was having normal lugnuts and wheelnstuds to hang th

e wheel onto instead of aligning wheel/hub/bolt holes everytime I wanted to rotate tires or work on the car.