4L65e or AX-15 in tdi jeep ?

Joel451

TDI
2004 Passat 2.0
So, this is confusing for me (its not you its me kinda thing). If its run as a manual I don't need to worry about tps or vac signals because I select the shift points. I would lock the tc when trail crawling or cruising on the highway but leave it unlocked when driving around town. If I'm towing I could lock the tc once I'm moving and leave it locked while shifting as long as I'm at the proper rpm and speed. Am I getting this or not ?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I'm messaging with the suppliers i think formally known as opti shift. They don't need a map sensor, only a vss(already on the 4l60e) and a tps signal. The tps signal needed is 0.5volt at idle up to 5.0volts max at wide open throttle. Im not sure if any of the passat or jetta/but/golf pedals can provide that signal. I think the alh pedal can be adapted to run the BHW so it's possible other pedals can be interchanged with re pinning and a change in the progamming which could be done at the same time as the tune/imob delete etc. I personally a slush box that operates like it came factory would be better as a dd using a stand alone controler rather than constantly flipping switches

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
So, this is confusing for me (its not you its me kinda thing). If its run as a manual I don't need to worry about tps or vac signals because I select the shift points. I would lock the tc when trail crawling or cruising on the highway but leave it unlocked when driving around town. If I'm towing I could lock the tc once I'm moving and leave it locked while shifting as long as I'm at the proper rpm and speed. Am I getting this or not ?
yes
actually the only time I'd bother locking the tcc is when on the freeway