44% TDI owners accept terms of VW Settlement

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Will be rescheduling my BB ASAP

I originally filed for June 2018 ~~ with the idea of moving it forward. YIKES:eek:

.... a little surprised 44% have gone forth

..... and BTW $2,000,000,000 in escrow will not cover 44 %

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
So, roughly 209k cars have been signed up already while only 235 have opted out. Not bad VW, not bad.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Will be rescheduling my BB ASAP
I originally filed for June 2018 ~~ with the idea of moving it forward. YIKES:eek:
.... a little surprised 44% have gone forth
..... and BTW $2,000,000,000 in escrow will not cover 44 %
I don't really understand why this escrow figure you keep harping on is relevant, unless we all jump on board with the assumption that VW is going to go bankrupt and default. Which I don't believe.

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
44% ~~ thunder struck here ~~ so rapid.

feel the gov wanted then off the road ~~ and the folks went along

all this info about "availability of the FIX."
It doesn't break down the split between fix and buyback. And then whether or not VW fixes the cars they buy back. It's pretty likely most of these cars will remain on the road.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't really understand why this escrow figure you keep harping on is relevant, unless we all jump on board with the assumption that VW is going to go bankrupt and default. Which I don't believe.
It might have been REQUIRED to have vw escrow the whole $15,000,000,000.

With 44 % that HAVE jumped on the vw pay wagon already ~~ Looks like the average car has 'bout $9,000-$10,000 in escrow

My personally pay out is $25,275.54

Yours?

-------------------------

BTW ~~ no "FIX" in sight ~~ yet

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It doesn't break down the split between fix and buyback. And then whether or not VW fixes the cars they buy back. It's pretty likely most of these cars will remain on the road.
As I read the TDICLUB threads, there seems to be more than a fair share of high mileage, not so clean, (rough condition) older, many with neglect on scheduled maintenance cars.

When vw owns 'em (the roadkill cars) the tilt will be drill and fill. (LAND FILL)

As far as the "FIX" vs BB ~~ Sir there is no "FIX" ~~ or do you know something we all don't?

Add in the question of owners who take the "FIX" vw money, and then try to RE-MOD their cars.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
As I read the TDICLUB threads, there seems to be more than a fair share of high mileage, not so clean, (rough condition) older, many with neglect on scheduled maintenance cars.
When vw owns 'em (the roadkill cars) the tilt will be drill and fill. (LAND FILL)
As far as the "FIX" vs BB ~~ Sir there is no "FIX" ~~ or do you know something we all don't?
Add in the question of owners who take the "FIX" vw money, and then try to RE-MOD their cars.
Of course there is a fix. It just depends on how much VW is willing to spend.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
It might have been REQUIRED to have vw escrow the whole $15,000,000,000.
With 44 % that HAVE jumped on the vw pay wagon already ~~ Looks like the average car has 'bout $9,000-$10,000 in escrow
My personally pay out is $25,275.54
Yours?
-------------------------
BTW ~~ no "FIX" in sight ~~ yet
Since you ask, the answer to your question is $27,XXX. I still don't see how this proves anything. Your assumption seems to be that since there is only a limited amount of money in escrow that our cars are going to be bought back for a lesser amount than specified in the settlement. And, as I stated in my original post, I don't see that at all.....

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Since you ask, the answer to your question is $27,XXX. I still don't see how this proves anything. Your assumption seems to be that since there is only a limited amount of money in escrow that our cars are going to be bought back for a lesser amount than specified in the settlement. And, as I stated in my original post, I don't see that at all.....
Buy back at a Lesser amount? As in 1929 if-when a crash hits ~~ who says you will get any vw money?

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
The rats are fleeing the ship. No to say we are rats,just taking no chances the finances are in trouble.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The rats are fleeing the ship. No to say we are rats,just taking no chances the finances are in trouble.
More like TITANIC passengers getting into lifeboats while seats are being offered.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just now adjusted my BB date, from MID June 2018 to November 01, 2016. That was the earliest date possible. Everything is still up in the air -- so said the vw rep, on the help line.

Even then, all comers will go in rotation based on the file date. Hope I was able to "HOLD" my July 15, 2016 date:eek:

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
More like TITANIC passengers getting into lifeboats while seats are being offered.
where the titanic is a financially healthy company, and the impending iceberg is a functioning car that will continue to have whatever useful life it had if the scandal hadn't happened. The big risk here is that people will have the car they bought.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The hysteria on this would be funny, if it weren't so sad. I'm surprised at the uptake numbers this soon (remember, the site's only been live for a month), but there's no reason to believe this portends VW's demise.

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
actually, if as many people out in the world have run into the same issue with the settlement site that we've seen here... that 44% number may be garbage. People who go to the site to eyeball their options are finding their account locked to the first thing they've tried. might mean they counted all vin visitors, regardless of actual submission.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
where the titanic is a financially healthy company, and the impending iceberg is a functioning car

that will continue to have whatever useful life it had if the scandal hadn't happened.

The big risk here is that people will have the car they bought.
IF the $47,000,000,000 Euro burg hits, -- EPA will just faid away ~~ as well as DOJ ~~ CARB ~~ FTC:confused:

IF vw does go belly up .... The cars we bought will be red meat to the greenies ~~ mr. gov wants 'em off the roads

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
actually, if as many people out in the world have run into the same issue with the settlement site that we've seen here

... that 44% number may be garbage. People who go to the site to eyeball their options are finding their account locked to the first thing they've tried.

might mean they counted all vin visitors, regardless of actual submission.

Source:confused:

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
The recent articles indicate that hundreds of thousands of owners/lessees have registered on the portal and indicated a preference. This does not mean that that any of these persons 'accept' the settlement. Many of those registering have submitted/are submitting formal objections to parts of the settlement. Only a few hundred have opted out, and those persons cannot object to the settlement whole or in part.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Many of those registering have submitted/are submitting formal objections to parts of the settlement.
According to the linked New York Times article, just over 100 objections have been submitted. That would account for about 0.05% of those who have registered.

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
actually, if as many people out in the world have run into the same issue with the settlement site that we've seen here... that 44% number may be garbage. People who go to the site to eyeball their options are finding their account locked to the first thing they've tried. might mean they counted all vin visitors, regardless of actual submission.
If that's true then I account for about 93 cars :D, only 5 of which I have possession of...

So, let's adjust the numbers to 43.9%.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
According to the linked New York Times article, just over 100 objections have been submitted. That would account for about 0.05% of those who have registered.
True. And I have not objected. I'm just pointing out that the articles do not indicate that owners/lessees have accepted the settlement offer. Registering and selecting a preference are all that has been done to date. No formal acceptance by anyone at this point.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
where the titanic is a financially healthy company, and the impending iceberg is a functioning car that will continue to have whatever useful life it had if the scandal hadn't happened. The big risk here is that people will have the car they bought.
As the TITANIC passengers were led to believe that the ship was unsinkable, early on, many chose to not board lifeboats, believing that help would eventually arrive, and it was better to stay in the comfort of the big boat than to risk the peril of a small one.

Many started to change their minds once the bow slipped below the surface, and the stern rose in the air.

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
all the while owning cars that perform well, get good gas mileage, incredible durability, and have lower CO2 emissions than most other cars on the road.