40k-Should I replace my blinker fluids

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I can not stress this enough.....

The biggest cause of a total catastrophic failure is improperly tightening the 710 cap. You must make sure it is properly tightened.

My bentley says you must turn it until the gasket makes contact, then another 90* turn.

Here is your 710 cap for clarification:

gregert12

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok,, coming up on 40,000 miles on my 2010, should I have the dealer change the blinker fluids? Is synthetic blinker fluid really necessary? I would do it myself but my miti-vac sucks and I dont want to take a chance of getting any fluid on the paint. Suggestions appreciated.

LOL wut?

You better not be serious.

turbobike

blinker fluid

be careful which fluid you buy....the newer ones are only for LED blinkers !
If you use the wrong one, it'll burn out the parafinoic amplifier and you won't be able to bllnk.

DonL

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI wagon (BEW)
I have this clicking noise when the turn signals are not on. It comes and goes. There is another thread on this. My 19 year old son suggested it might be from using the wrong blinker fluid.

I just got the stuff at the dollar store. Maybe I should have used the dealer's full synthetic.

nois

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL
My Jetta is @ the dealer for urea refill and the service manager is telling me that, due to the dry spell we're having, the price of urea has almost doubled!

Do you guys know where I can score some cheap urea - the stuff the dealer sells smells like cow p!ss (want to stick with VW certified though).

Arg, the things I do for the environment... At least they gave me a good deal on blinker fluid.

DonL

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI wagon (BEW)
Makes me wonder if you can't just get it at your local feed store. Is it the standard urea fertilizer in pellet form that is 46% nitrogen?

From years of farming in Washington state, I know the price of urea fluctuates quite widely. It is most affected by the price of natural gas, but high demand at planting time sure boosts the price. I have seen it double or even more about his time of year compared to January. I would buy in December or January to get the best price.

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
While you are at it, have the guru use vag-com to delete every safety featue on the car, DRL's, airbags, horn,abs. Get rid of all that stuff that is adding weight to your car :^)
alot of the jokes posted I have heard, flux capaciter, blinker fluid but this one really got a laugh from me. I like the way you think.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
Ok,, coming up on 40,000 miles on my 2010, should I have the dealer change the blinker fluids? Is synthetic blinker fluid really necessary? I would do it myself but my miti-vac sucks and I dont want to take a chance of getting any fluid on the paint. Suggestions appreciated.

Just found some vw505 rated synthetic fluid at a garage sell.. will this work?

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Very IMPORTANT to have the Dealer change the Summer Air to Winter Air in the Tire, including the Spare....

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Sorry hate to inform you... all jokes aside... on the Caterpillar C15 after 07 have a spark plug in the exhaust to light the fuel up from the doser valve to start the regeneration process! much different than on these new CR TDI's!
"All jokes aside?!?" What a buzzkill. Moderators, ban this contributor! One of the things keeping me coming back to this site is a cadre of people who can occasionally display a combination of good humor and cruelty that is rarely seen elsewhere on this medium.

Oh, and I use Visine....

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
After swapping from summer to winter air, don't forget the new TSB for lug nut torque is 5 ft-lbs.

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
For a 6-pack I can loan you the Metalnerd VW specific tool J-89-6745W-W that you will need to release the connectors.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Remember to change your fuel too. I find that mine gets old and I have to dump it out and buy new stuff.

Car is too efficient.

I love telling gasser drivers about this problem. ;)

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
This is by far the most informative thread on this site...and possibly the Internet.

PS: I heard that removing the engine block greatly reduces the weight of the vehicle and vastly increases fuel economy. I call it the Fred Flintstone mod.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
What an idiot. As usual, typical internet post...very misleading and incomplete. You really are, "THAT GUY!"

You have to cut large holes in the floor prior to removing the engine block. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in the garage with no way to get moving.

...sheesh...

Damn...I almost forgot the magic words, "Yabba-dabba DOOOOO....."

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
Oops...missed that. I was all out of breath after driving to work...., and it was Monday morning.:eek:

Must be a lot of people forgetting to change that Blinker Fluid as many don't seem to have working signal lights. I see it every morning.:rolleyes: