40k service part kits/40k service advice

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI 6spd
Hello all,

2015 Sportwagen 6spd. I am very handy and work on my own vehicles when time allows. I have had a service contract on my car until now (40k miles). Boston area dealers want nearly $500! to do an oil change, air filter, pollen filter, and fuel filter. Insane. This stuff is easy. I will just do it myself.

Where is your favorite place to buy a kit with oil and everything I need?

ID Parts has a great looking kit with the whole 9 yards, and they are local to me...but maybe I am missing something with the quality of parts they supply, because the price is superb: https://www.idparts.com/40k-service-kit-manual-crua-p-5122.html . Thoughts?

What else should I repair/replace at 40k? Is there a water separator for the diesel I need to replace or drain?

Should I change the transmission fluid? Is there a secret sauce people like to make shifts smoother? They are pretty damn good now...but who knows, maybe they can be better?

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Their parts are OEM or equal. You aren't missing anything on their quality. It's fine. I did my 20K service several weeks ago with their kit w/ Total Ineo oil. The IDParts owner is active here; username is IndigoBlueWagon.

No water separator on this generation of TDI. You just unscrew the torx screws on top the filter, pull old filter out, put new filter in, screw lid back on, prime the pump, and you're good to go.

No real need to change manual trans oil at 40k. That's all personal preference. Those of us with DSG's, however, have it scheduled at 40k.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Don't bother with the manual transmission oil. I changed mine at 100k miles and it was in great shape.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...ID Parts has a great looking kit with the whole 9 yards, and they are local to me...but maybe I am missing something with the quality of parts they supply, because the price is superb... Thoughts?...
idparts is an excellent vendor with quality merchandise, AND they support this FREE website. The owner and his staff are long time TDI enthusiasts and are well known to many of us here. I get a lot of parts from them and have them shipped. Very often, their shipping costs are lower than what I would pay in sales tax if I got the parts locally.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Not to mention IDparts are a local company for you! Standard shipping from them probably means 1-day shipping for you. I’m close as well and have gotten things overnight and regularly see them in 2-day. Plus great OEM parts and great product support.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
You might even be able to stop by and say hi, then pick up the parts.

agree this is a great place to get your tdi supplies.

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI 6spd
You might even be able to stop by and say hi, then pick up the parts.

agree this is a great place to get your tdi supplies.
Sounds like I've found a winner then!

l ..but maybe I am missing something with the quality of parts they supply, because the price is superb: https://www.idparts.com/40k-service-kit-manual-crua-p-5122.html . Thoughts?
/QUOTE]
ID parts does not sell substandard parts and that is the long and short of your concern.
Awesome!

Thank you for the input, everyone!

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Agree with all above.
ID Parts are great for DIY as they have all OEM parts, their website is easy to search and buy and they ship very quickly
(compared to e-acca, my other go to vendor for non-urgent parts - great prices but slow shipping).
Best wishes to all!