30k Mile Service

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
Hey gang, tomorrow the TDI SEL goes in for the 30k service...

does this sound right?...

Oil change
adblue topoff
tire rotation
and something with brakes... i think brake fluid flush...

its going to be about $230 i think they said...plus i have a 10% off...

Sound about right?

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
That's what they said... Should I only go with the oil change, adblue and tire rotation?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
BF should be changed every 2 years IIRC. Most have it done at their last 30k service. After that it is on you. Check the service schedule.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Brake fluid flush is on the 30K service. That will be coming up for us later this summer, as we just turned 29K. Luckily, we've got a '13, so it'll be our last freebie. 10K after that, and I get to get out and get under for the big 40K....should be interesting, as I've never done any service on a VW except for O&F son's '02 Jetta.....and this is very different.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
My 40k is due and is going in tonight to the trusted mechanic here (runonbeer). DSG and 40k service. Around $500 total for all. No more dealer service, although they did well up to this point.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Brake fluid flush is after 3 years than every 2 after that. Changing it early is a waste.

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
Dealers are stupid. After reading this I checked the manual... Called and cancelled the brakes.

Only doing the oil, adblue, and rotation...

Thank you

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
I wouldn't have paid for my change at 30k, but it was including in my 13's included maintenance, so I let them do it. They do this as standard maintenance on my car, but the manual says 3 years and every 2 years after.