303 Aerospace Protectant

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Used it on plastic and vinyl surfaces to prevent fading and keep them looking good. On boat, truck and car. It's worked well for me. Favorable results keeping black trim pieces black too.
Never used it on tires.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I've been using it for over a decade, based originally on a TDIClub recommendation (SoTxBill?). I use it on all the appropriate exterior items that suffer from environmental wear, and do a thorough engine bay application every 6 mos or so, but have not used it on tires in a long time. I also apply to some rubber/plastic interior items (weather strips, door sills, rubber wiring covers, etc.), but not to the dash.

Check out SUNRG's old thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=244434

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I learned about it from the Mercedes forums, years ago, and have used it off and on for 10 years or more.

Like others, I've never thought to try it on tires, and wouldn't expect it to do anything special to tread, other than possibly reducing traction.

I do use it on my interior bits where applicable.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
Anything with that many exclamation points in a scam. I work in aerospace. There is nothing you can do as a mechanic to improve the life of a tyre. It is solely a function of design, construction, and use.

When this ******* used the rat-tail file to try to prove his point, the two belts were of entirely different design and construction. When this ******* said the tyres were 4 years old and had 100,000 miles on them, the tiny rubber stubs are still intact. When this ******* claims to spray "303" on the tyre he just has a glass cleaner bottle that could be filled with anything, including tyre-shine. When this ******* says "we are not being paid for this", you know he is lying because his Amazon links in the description are all affiliate links.

Nothing in this video gives any evidence for his claim. If you spray 303 on a tyre it will just rub off after the first drive. 303 isn't even an aerospace product, it just says aerospace on the bottle. **** people like this. This is almost as bad as the "free energy" or "flat earth" youtube pages.

Last edited:

JamesBa

Veteran Member
TDI
GOLF '02
A relative in Arizona has successfully used it for years for UV protection. I bought 1 qt and have sprayed it on my tires (treads especially). I'll do this now every 3 months until the stuff runs out. Maybe the treads will last longer? We'll see. Ask me in about a year.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I remember when I got some ArmorAll overspray on the edges of the tread on my bike. Next day making a right turn with a little speed I and the bike were separated and sliding across two lanes and in the opposing left turn lane before I knew what happened.

I wouldn't put anything on tire treads.

Last edited:

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
I've had good luck using 303 rubber seal protectant on things like the 30+ year old CV boots on the Benz. it comes in a roll on deodorant style applicator. It did wonder renewing old hard to find and replace rubber all over the car.

garreth5

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
I like using 303 on rubbers and platics because it offers UV protection and is not greasy.