#3 Injector wires ate by mice

Sm104188

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Hello,

I am new to this forum despite always parsing it for helpful information for several years. I apologize in advance if I am not posting this question in the correct way.

So here is my problem: I rarely drove my 2003 Jetta TDI and rodents got to some wiring and vacuum lines. The car cranks but does not start. Cracked the fuel lines and I am getting fuel. The anti shudder valve is also open. I will be replacing the vacuum lines when they come in. I am wondering if the completely chewed off wires to the #3 injector will keep the car from starting. They were chewed off at the base of the injector body and there are not any exposed wires to solder.

Regardless, I intend to replace the injector but am wondering if that would cause a no start condition. I appreciate any responses.

Take care,
Sean

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Absolutely it will cause a no start condition, the #3 injector is what the ecu uses to control the fuel. You should probably pull the rain tray and check the wiring under that also. If those pesky varmits went after all your vacuum hoses and the injector wire they have probably done additional damage as well. I suggest sticky traps.

Sm104188

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Absolutely it will cause a no start condition, the #3 injector is what the ecu uses to control the fuel. You should probably pull the rain tray and check the wiring under that also. If those pesky varmits went after all your vacuum hoses and the injector wire they have probably done additional damage as well. I suggest sticky traps.
Right on. Thank you very much for the reply! I will be putting it on the lift for further inspection.