3 diesels a Wedding and a BIG NH GTG

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
By the way? Were any newbies Bashed????I think not!!
Too bad!

Who stayed until 3AM?! I thought things had pretty much calmed down when I left around 8:30...

fase2006

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GL green
By the way? Were any newbies Bashed????I think not!!
Too bad!

Who stayed until 3AM?! I thought things had pretty much calmed down when I left around 8:30...
I did, I wasn't looking forward to the drive home, and for good reason. After driving on 495 for maybe twenty minutes, I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I pulled off and slept in my car until 6 or so... was nice
I love how the seats go verticle (almost), and the the vehicle is insulated well (or sealed off well enough) holds heat pretty fricken good

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
...After driving on 495 for maybe twenty minutes, I couldn't keep my eyes open.
I feel for you on that one... I swerved to avoid a bear in the road I thought was right in front of me... Turned out to be a black Hummer like 50 yards away. Defenitely too tired to have been driving, but fortunitately I made it back in one piece.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Just got back to Montreal... (took a little "shortcut"... lots of shopping along the way...)

GREAT GT !!!

Congratulations to the happy couple!! Many thanks for your generous hospitality in arranging this little shindig !!

It was great to meet many of the familiar names from this board, to see some "old" friends, and see Herm and the guys doing their thing !!

We've got a great bunch of folks around here !!!

All the best,

Yuri.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
What an awesome TDIclub GTG! I had a blast! It was fun giving Segway demos too! I guess it's expected by everyone that I'll bring my Segway to future GTGs and TDIfests.

The TDI count was something like 33 TDIs, 2 Diesel trucks, and 2 gassers. It was cool seeing the cul-de-sac filled with TDIs.

I wasn't planning to get "Rocketchipped" at first, but after riding in a Stage 3 RC'd 02 Jetta Wagon, I was bitten by the mod bug and had to have it. Rocketchip Stage 3 rocks!

The TDIwedding of Peter and Julie deserves an "official" TDI press release in the "TDI News/Tech" forum with a link to this GTG thread.

This GTG was PRICELESS!!

~ n1das

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
wow... what a fantastic day! congrats again to julie and peter, and thanks for putting on one of the best GTGs i've ever attended!

i've got some pictures, i'll try and get them up in an album ASAP like i promised julie.

iggy_jet

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Gray (GONE) 1987 Mercedes 300DT
Peter, Julie congrads again..
I was great seing all the old friends and some new faces.
Great food,
Great people, what else can you ask for.

Thank you all for a great time.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I wasn't planning to get "Rocketchipped" at first, but after riding in a Stage 3 RC'd 02 Jetta Wagon, I was bitten by the mod bug and had to have it. Rocketchip Stage 3 rocks!
Dave, no doubt! And thanks for the ride on the Segway...that's some hot ticket. Perhaps you could ask jsr for an perf upgrade on the baby!!

Take care.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi PeterV & Julie,

Thanks for a great time and "gute Essennahrung und -gastfreundschaft"

Congratulations on your new home and marriage, and may God bless you guys and your home (kitty's too).

Great to see all the NE group as usual. Were were you Bounty? You missed the segway and snowball battle, just kidding. Man that ice got slippery, hope your head is ok Matt. next time I'll bring my golf shoes for sure.

Made a stop in Townsend MA on the way home Sunday for a pump rebuild, and a euro tuning, so I didn't get home till 2am last night. Met a new TDI'er "Dean" who's a excellent mechanic, fabricator/welder who doesn't visit the forums, but said he would like like to get some work in his shop - TB's FMIC fabrication and just about anything else, custom exhaust, roll cages, etc. PM or email me for info. He's too busy in his shop to get on line. Porsche guy too.

I got a stinking ticket in some little Jersey town (Ogdensburg) doing 50 in a 45. Get this, road coming into town 55, 45, 35, 25. He wouldn't tell me if he had radar or was following - I was following a line of cars - I told him I never speed, it's a diesel. He got me on the way out and wrote me up for not wearing a seat belt (he followed me so close (2 mi at 25mph) I couldn't even see his bumper). I'm supposed to thank him for not issuing a speeding ticket for 5mph over. What a dingaling. I asked him his name and he said "P4". Watch out for P4 on route 514 in NJ. $5 fine and tax deductable donation of $41 to the Ogdensburg orphans and widows fund. I would love to go into court and tell the judge that I have a GPS data logger in my car and show him a plot of my speed (Y-axis), with a date and time stamp on the x axis and compare it to P4's radar time stamp. I don't care too much about the ticket it was his attitude that he displayed, and taking another 30min to get home sucked. Hey Jersey guys, if you didn't sign the ticket, do you even have to pay it. btw, I was wearing my seatbelt, always do, esp in the Rocket.

I hope your neighbors didn't get too tweaked about all the noise and traffic. Definantly the best "1st annual Hampster-V" gtg, can't wait till the next one. Glad everyone made it home ok. Next gtg - Jon Hamilton's talking about an OH ProRally gtg at the end of April. If not I'll host it and he will bring the rally car here.

Jeff

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
This was the best GTG I've been to. Congrats again Peter and Julie!

Keith

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Glad everyone had a good time here at the House of 5 Garages...hope all the work got done that needed getting done!

This community's outpouring of well wishes, support and generosity has just astounded my new husband and myself. We are at a loss as to how to express our gratitude and appreciation to all of you....

...more words to follow...

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I concur with my wife on this. We are still glowing over the TDi wedding and the outpouring of friendship and well wishes from the whole TDi community. As my wife has said more to follow.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
Julie & Peter V, wish you both all the happiness in the world. Your gathering looked like loads of fun.
I'm upset that I couldn't make it. Sure looked like a good time. Congratulations to you both!

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
Julie & Peter V, wish you both all the happiness in the world. Your gathering looked like loads of fun.
I'm upset that I couldn't make it. Sure looked like a good time. Congratulations to you both!
Same here.

Congrats you two.

bigbtdi45

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta 2003 reflex silver
Thanks Peter & Julie for hosting this wonderful event. This
was the best wedding reception I've ever attended. Best wishes to you both.

Had a great time meeting everybody. I enjoyed watching all
the work going on, whether it was chip installations or some other maintenance issues.

When I arived I wasn't expecting to have any work done on my
car. But after going out to experience what a chip installation would do I decided to go for it.
Diesel economy & performance too.... WHO KNEW?

Hope to see everybody at the next GTG.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
mark, after riding the thing... i'm not so sure you'd WANT to. the slowest mode isn't fast but you could still get hurt on it on the turns... the same machine going faster than 12mph (the fast mode) could probably throw you off easily.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
A TDi Wedding Thank You from the Groom
(and edited by the Bride)
This may take a bit all. So much has happened in such a short time.

Many of you know me since the first fest and my emptiness of those days. After all the fest's, 68 GTG’s and clocking 59,827 miles and hundreds of TDi friends. I have slightly altered my path in life.

I will tell you it is difficult to say thank you to so many Tdiers. I am just speechless over the camaraderie of our group. Last year Julie and I had a flash of an idea that a TDi wedding might be an interesting way of combining our diesel interests. As you can see by the responses to the thread it was a great idea. You cannot accomplish anything this vast unless you have help. Well October 2004 Julie and I bought the “House of 5 Garages” ok step one accomplished. Step 2 move there. Well Tdiers to the rescue again. The northeast TDI stalwarts just kept on showing up and we just kept on loading stuff and more stuff from that small cape into this edifice. Julie and I were on our way to a life together. Oh the last step the Wedding. Well this was a TDi theme event well again who was going to preside? There was only one HermTDI. Herm also acted as our long distance wedding planner. That is a dedicated man. As those pictures indicate he was the officiant and we were married in the rugged but picturesque settings on the coast of Maine. Yes it was chilly. A talkative lunch followed and the warmth of true friends pervaded through out the event. Then GTG day arrives. Numerous posts and quick prayers to the weather powers were said and at 0900 the TDi’s start arriving. It’s the people oh the love and well wishes melt the snow on the roof. Such peace and friendship abound.

I do not know where to start forgive me now if I forget any one. Thank you all for the gifts and support.

Jetter-Sprinta - Chris & Scott - They get the job done and that darn hamster ring bearer.
TorkingDog - Dick your faithfulness and generosity will not be forgotten.
Phoenix 42 - Oh boy the moving the moving and your ever present smile lights us up.
Iggy_jet - Always there, oh… always there with Krupnick and good advice….
JSRmonster - Our doors are always open to you and your family and the Hy Lo too.
TDIpoet - Always they’re to assist even when you do not feel good.
TDInutt - Bitten by the diesel bug and always a smile.
HermTDI - The name says it all.
Bilzer & Donna - There and always with a smile and ready to assist.
Dieseldorf - Our online advisor. Does he sleep online??
Beetle-GO there and with a helping hand.
Meganuke - Our picture taker
Velvetfoot - The Yellow Bug that could and did. Always a pleasure to have you here.
N1DAS - 2 wheels or 4 a pleasure to have you here and join in.
Chip Fisher - CTD & Bluechipdieseltuning & 3 TDi’s too.
Jonathan Bartlett - Our own original Bio, B4 & Sonnet authority.
Mrchill - Well VW Tech and great conversation.
JetttaFock - One of our first house guests always welcome.
JeffM1000 - Not far away and ready to help with anything.
TDIinRI – Tom, faithful friend and reverent TDIer.
SSTDI - Even with out his appendix a smile and eager to auto cross.
Cevans – Darn those lights look good! Glad we could provide the space for this mod.
Sootman – Thanks for promoting the Rocketchip – one drive in your car and folks are sold!
david594, Ben M, GCMarx, fase2006, Blueshadow, Troutguy, YMZ, Indigobluewagon, TDIRob, FATCAT, NHTDI, bigbtdi45, 02psdv8, always good to meet and get to know fellow TDI enthusiasts. Thank you for coming.
VW Derf - Fred, without what your TDi page has grown into, this community would never have been born.

To those whom have posted thank you we are so fortunate to have a gracious community such as the TDi Club on our side. You kind words are always with us.

Finally my best friend Tomo366 I am at loss for words. You have been there through thick and thin as I have been there for you. Even at such a distance we have remained friends since the first Fest. You just have to love dedication. I still look forward to more GTG’s with you and your constant commentary. There is so much more but I have lost the words.

iggy_jet

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Gray (GONE) 1987 Mercedes 300DT

Peter, I never knew you could write like that...

JULIE MUST BE ONE HELL OF AN EDITOR...

Congrads...

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI

Peter, I never knew you could write like that...

JULIE MUST BE ONE HELL OF AN EDITOR...
ROFLMAO

peter, i can say with complete honesty that you have given at least as good as you have gotten. we all wish you both the very best, and you deserve it.

TorkingDog

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
Peter...

Yes, the TDI community is a fantastic group of people and Julie and you are two of the best! I've never met so many great people and can only hope there will be many more GTG's with old friends and new, to come!

Bless you both!!!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I have an idea for a new thread: posts that bring a tear to your eye!

Who would ever think that a clipping my mother gave me from the Wall Street Journal about this group of TDI people who swap information (and evidently some other things!
) many years ago would have such a huge affect on my life! And... it's all good!

Here's to many years of dieseling together!

--Scott & Chris

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Peter & Julie (et al.),
A family member of mine saw the photos...and their first words were,"Herm...where in Maine do you have white sandy beaches like that?"

For a moment I was stumped for words...Then I had to confess that what they were seeing was....snow.

White sandy beaches in Maine...I only wish.