3 diesels a Wedding and a BIG NH GTG

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
since this occasion really should be marked by some internet conversation, i've set up a little chat room that just requires a browser:

go to http://thesmallprint.org/phpchat/phpMyChat.php3

use any user name, no password needed, and select the default chat room. the topic is the V wedding and gtg. maybe someone has directions. ;-)

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Mapquest for 'poet

Here you go... just for you! What might be easier is to get off exit 51B and go straight onto Rt 121 instead of turning right onto 125. Go straight for 5 miles to the next stoplight. Rt. 111. Turn rt and go about 3 miles to the next stoplight (not flashing light) and turn rt. This is Central st on one side, and Emerson on the other. You are turning onto Central. Go 0.3 mi and turn left onto Moulton Dr. We are the last house on the rt!

<font color="red">You wouldn't think HE'd need explicit directions to Hamsterbrownies
</font>

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
wow, directions and everything! Something came up at the last minute; very bummed I couldn't head up to join the festivities and kiss the bride
Looking forward to viewing more pictures of the celebrations.

Salute to the new Diesel Duo!

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Well, I got here at noon. It's 7:30 now and there are still about 30 people here, and everyone seems to be talking at once. Hmmm, we're plenty verbal too! Who knows how many people total showed up, but one thing's for sure - we be a sociable bunch.

What a cool day at a TDI BARN.

To those who wanted to come but missed it, better luck next time!

~Beet!eGo

<edited, because I for got to say... THANK YOU PETER & JULIE V!!!>

bilzer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, silver
I attended the wonderful GTG of Peter and Julie and it was great to meet folks from ALL over! What a great time and great food and great folks...Got Milk? Get Chipped!!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Fantastic Day!!! Thanks so much to our hosts and again congrats to you both. Great to see everyone too! Corey you must be the mircale man when it come to police...just too cool

Steve

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
"Oh, cop..."

Fantastic time! Long and tiring, but a great day. Congratulations to our newlyweds one last time and thanks you very much for hosting this great GTG. I hope all of us didn't leave things in too much of a disarray. Thanks to everyone who helped out with my HID install and provided conversation while Dave and I hit a few dozen roadblocks during his cluster install. Hope everyone got home alright.

All the best...

Corey

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
Damn. I don't even have words for how great the GTG was. Thanks so much to Peter and Julie for hosting, thanks to everyone for the conversation and advice, and NO thanks to Matt and Ben for driving me around in their chipped cars, causing me much envy.

PS -- If you've never had the Hamsterbrownies, you NEED to get to the next GTG. Peter's a lucky man in more ways than one.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Possibly the single best GTG we have ever been to! Are there any other TDI couples out there who can have a wedding in one of the most beautiful places in the country, throw a big party, have Iggy make beer, arrange for PERFECT weather, get Tomo, Herm, Mr Chill, and JeffTheRocketMan to show, and supply 3+ heated garages so we can do all kinds of mid-winter work? Fred--we need a singles forum so these people can meet!

And before Tomo gets the chance to say it first, that sleek Windsor blue wagon in Dieseldorf's post that is chock full of stuff is ours! And all that stuff was important! We used all of it! And now, thanks to Johnathan, Herm and Tomo, the doors all work! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Next trick will be the windows!

Best wishes to Peter and Julie V. We are now expecting anniversary GTGs. Maybe by next year, Poet will have come to his senses.

And check SSTDI every hour to make sure he's OK!

Pix to follow...too tired.

Scott and Chris
Jetters_Sprinter_P'ssahts !!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What a wonderful day. Thanks so much to Peter and Julie for hosting, and to all who came. Great food, great refreshments (some interesting stuff in a tea pot--what was that?) and great cars. Not just TDIs, either. When was the last time (if ever) you saw a Saab Sonnet? And more than a few of us were envious to watch experts like Herm and Jonathan (with Toma's guidance) swarm over Jetta Sprinta's Passat. Talk about priceless! Lots of chip talk, Jeff helped a lot of us put a new spark (no pun intended) into our cars, and really, really good people.

As I heard several comment, when I bought my TDI I had no idea this group of people with shared interests existed. I didn't buy a car, I bought membership into a great group of people who make owning one economical and FUN.

Thanks, guys. Thanks, Julie and Peter. Great day!

fase2006

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GL green
Thank you for hosting this event Julie & Peter V. I enjoyed this meet, and the conversation that goes on between the more experienced TDI owners is priceless, the knowledge contained is amazing.

Thanks IndigoBlueWagon, mrchill, n1das, and anyone else who I've forgotten.

edit: Thanks for showing me the wood pellet burning stove / heater. That thing is

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Oh, and for the record, if you come to one of these GTG's and can't remember a person's name, apparently it's fairly safe to just call everyone "Pete" (there were about ten of them there yesterday...)

~Pete

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
...or Bob

Thanks Peter & Julie for a great day and for having some needed parts and fluids on hand - oh and thanks Iggy for that magical beer & anti-freeze.

Thanks to:
Dave (cluster install) for his soldering skills on my glow plug harness - no more CEL.
N1DAS for the ride on his Segway.
Iggy for his beer

BettleGo for his name-tagging of Tomo's crotch

Dick for his dedication to the grill.
To the newbies for not running in horror from the first meeting of the TDI Cult.
And to everyone who came and made it such a wonderful day - see you all in Orleans on the 21st.

Jetter_Sprinta

TDI
...or Tom

I want to go outside and start the car this morning to see if the cold start issues are still there. My fear is that if it starts right up, who gets the credit: Herm for balancing our harmonics, Jeff for diagnosing the hole in the tube in the ECU and chipping us to put some Jetta pep in the Passat, or Phoenix for the fuel filter change ?

I have to find somewhere to go so I can start it!! Julie and Peter, any bays available??!!

MileageDude

Veteran Member
Julie & Peter V, wish you both all the happiness in the world. Your gathering looked like loads of fun.

Here's to your good health!

M.D.

Jetter_Sprinta

TDI
Hey, how does the Passat drive with the RC?
It's the icing on the hamsterdiesel wedding cake, as if the car got liposuction
!! Drives much like Jetter's RC2 A3. It has been a bit of a tedious and concentrated effort to bring this B4V up to our standards. With assistance from many members, this mod--with the added bonus of eliminating a stubborn CEL--really seemed to help pull it all together! We've rounded a corner (on two wheels!)

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
An awesome GTG hosted by two of the most awesome people you could meet. What a celebration!! Hanging out with nice people I already knew and nice people I just met! Got to ride a segway and see a saab sonnet. Peter and Julie: Thanks again for your hospitality and congrats once again! Can't wait for the next GTG!!

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
I made it through the night ok after my impromptu ice skating experience!!! The bump on my head has gone down and I made the drive home to New Haven, CT in 3hours, with a 15min lunch stop.
I kept slowing down on the drive just so I could speed up again WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Thanks Jeff for your RC genius! Also thanks to Tomo & Dan for getting rid of those annoying sb chimes. It was great to see everyone old & new! Most important of all:

Congratulations to the happy couple. Thank you for your generous hospitality. All the best, you deserve it!!!

SSTDI
- Matt

TorkingDog

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
Pete and Julie...

Thanks for opening your home to all of us and for hosting such a great GTG! Tons of great food and brew and of course Iggy's special anti-gel
and a great bunch of TDIers!

It was great to see Dan, Corey, Conrad, Scott and Chris and so many others put the garages to such good use.

I hope everyone had a safe trip home and once again nice to see all of you again.

BTW did anyone else get bitten by the vicious hamster that was sitting atop the cake???

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Congradtulations and Thanks again to Peter and Julie
You guys hosted one heck of a GTG. Especially thanks for the heated garage space to get the Cluster finally Installed. MrChill, thanks for your help and advice... Id probabily still be stareing at the pin or trying to get the steering wheel removed. Corey, thanks for all the help and the lift. Jeff, thanks so much for helping with the coding.

In the end it all worked
Oh man what a great toy.

Scott, when are you going to post some of those pictures?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Oh boy, where to start! Just got back 45 mins ago from the 7 1/4 hour ride home. Im beat. Anywho, thank you Mr. and Mrs. V's for having the best GTG ever. Congrates again on tying the knot. Thanks Peter and Jeff for helping me FINALLY wire up my boost gauge and front fogs. Thanks iggy for the great beer. Although the worest part of the day was when I went out back for my 4th beer and it was all gone
. It was great meeting up with all the NE TDI'ers once again. Next time you'll be comeing down for IMPEXFEST.
Dan

blueshadow

TDI
2005 Jetta wagon GLS 5 spd, shadow blue
Thanks to all for a wonderful day, especially the Bride and Groom for hosting the GTG. Little did I know when I saw a VW ad in the local paper and realized that my new car could be a diesel that buying that car would lead to meeting some really great people.

Special thanks to Tom for getting rid of the damn "whistles and bells" for me. I smile every time I take the key out of the car and the doors unlock.
And Chris, my husband is pretty interested in the Suburban - I'll be in touch.

Great day Peter and Julie - may it forcast many great years to come.

Oh, and I remembered all those questions I met to ask as I was driving home. Can't wait for the next GTG!

Judi

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I got home a little while ago!! It was a long uneventful drive and thankfully traffic was reasonable!
The last GTGer left around 3AM this morning.
Not much sleep before my 8 hour drive, had to pop NODOZ.....
I posted this in another thread, this weekend was just a Beautiful experience for me.... Pete and Now Julie are my dearest friends in the world!!LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!I had the time of my life!!
By the way? Were any newbies Bashed????I think not!!
Judi you are very welcome! Nice ride by the way!