2micron pureflow/contain flow on MK7

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Hi all,

Has anybody with a MK7 had any luck installing these kits? I have one of each and figured I would check here before I ventured out and tried to install.

Thanks!!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Hi all,
Has anybody with a MK7 had any luck installing these kits? I have one of each and figured I would check here before I ventured out and tried to install.
Thanks!!
I think the guys with the bigger mods are running them. I think Larry at AARodriguez may have one on the shop car. I don't think it's really needed or a worry and the money would be better recouped. I don't know that I've heard of any MK7 HPFP grenading and since most of those with them have tip to tailpipe warranty for what, 160k, if it happens, it's gonna be an easy battle to get it fixed.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This and that I have the 0% loan, Zero down VW payment plan. I think they'll do that they can to keep me in the car for at least until it's paid off.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I have a kit as well, but haven't installed it yet. I don't see the point until either I let the warranty run out, or until I decide to mod the car and void the warranty. Whichever comes first.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
all good points, however my warranty is void as i am pretty modded.... any input appreciated!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
all good points, however my warranty is void as i am pretty modded.... any input appreciated!
Well in the unlikely even you do have HPFP go on you, it would be a good insurance policy to have in place, especially because you have the kits already. I wouldn't tell someone to get one and I don't really warn folks that ask about the cars (at least the MK7 Golf/Jetta) of the HPFP situation that I believe we've grown out of.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
Well in the unlikely even you do have HPFP go on you, it would be a good insurance policy to have in place, especially because you have the kits already. I wouldn't tell someone to get one and I don't really warn folks that ask about the cars (at least the MK7 Golf/Jetta) of the HPFP situation that I believe we've grown out of.
agreed... especially since i have one laying around. this kit wasn't exactly designed for the MK7, so i guess i will start playing and see what happens....

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
I haven't been able to find these anywhere. Can you still purchase them?
you might be in luck!

if this has been installed on an MK7, i'd like to see it... i have a feeling this is going to require installing/mounting the filter elsewhere and running lines from that remote location. a lot going on under the hood of the EA288...

meaning some of this kit is useless to me.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Get ahold of Andrew at 2micron. He does still make the kits. Its not his main thing but on the side kinda as ordered last I knew.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The return flow kit from the MK6 likely will not fit as the space around the headlight is filled by a large a/c hose. There was an update for the MK7 that he designed that looks like a cage of sorts to install right at the pump. Last I spoke with Andrew, he mentioned having some in a box somewhere. My response to him was that he'd likely make some folks really happy here if he made another batch.

ErickysTDI

TDI
2015 Golf S
I'd purchase if available as well. My warranty is not up yet, but I plan on keeping this car for as long as possible.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
If someone wants to buy mine, I will sell it for $275 shipped. it is the Pure flow and contain Flow setup bracket for a MK7 TDI Andrew sold me. However he didn't have a remote filter mount at the time and pointed me to a basic spin on filter mount that he provided a Bracket for. I have the emails from that time with the link to what he wanted me to get.

growlertdi gmail com

Tech20

TDI
2015 Jetta SE 6M
PM sent

Hi Aaron, I sent you an email/PM inquiring about your setup, if it is still for sale. Hope to hear back from you either way.

If someone wants to buy mine, I will sell it for $275 shipped. it is the Pure flow and contain Flow setup bracket for a MK7 TDI Andrew sold me. However he didn't have a remote filter mount at the time and pointed me to a basic spin on filter mount that he provided a Bracket for. I have the emails from that time with the link to what he wanted me to get.
growlertdi gmail com