2Micron on T3?

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Anyone ever installed a 2Micron fuel filter on their Touareg?

Is it worth the hassle adapting it, or are these HPFPs fairly robust?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Depends who you ask.... many say that they are a ticking time bomb due to being CP4.2s
I see lots of used units for sale with lots of miles on them......
At the same time, this additional filter would only potentially catch anything that's made it past your OEM filter.... so unless you're not changing those religiously or doing it incorrectly, it's almost redundant in my opinion.... and it still won't save the pump if it's a fragile POS.
Fuel quality and lubricity are more important than anything IMO.... stay on top of that, do religious and proper filter changes, and you should be fairly safe..... run the pump dry, run dirty fuel, skimp on priming the system after a filter change, etc. and you'll blow things up.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Well, my (early) 2010 GSW is on an original CP4.1 with no signs of impending doom, currently 402k km. I even run it nearly dry sometimes to see how much I can squeeze out of a tank with legs (1087.7 km all time high). Don't always use additive (mostly though). Fuel filters changed every other OCI. Must have been one of the rare good pumps.

But that didn't stop me from acquiring a 2micron set up... it's insurance.

Mostly wondering about if it's been done on a CATA yet. Seems like the Touareg HPFP failure rate isn't as high as the CJAA, so probably not.

Also, I thought the CP4.2 was the fix for the CP4.1, which was prone to spectacular failure.