.230-.260 nozzles options?

bgsnyder

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf & 2005 Passat
Within the last few months...I did not take a picture, but the appearance was that the nozzle had been turned in a lathe and polished. The base was slightly smaller than normal.

Now that I see the picture I feel like I do remember the ones I sent saying DSSR R 320. I also didn't take a picture before shipping, but I do still have the bag. I swapped them in to the Titan packaging to ship it as it seemed safer, knowing how the USPS treats packages.

You may want to double check to see if they weren't misplaced. All I know is I shipped to you what I received from DSSR and I shipped back to DSSR what I received back from you.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
There has been a bit of character assassination, suggesting I can't be trusted and that this single set of nozzles I can't get working are an anomaly or worse, that I am only interested in selling my stuff and calling everybody else's nozzles 'no good'.

First off, the fact that some of the DSSr nozzles have nothing written on them has been confirmed by United Diesel. I recommended that the customer get exchange nozzles. Instead, the customer attempted a refund from DSSr and as it stands, they are in route to DSSr.. DSSr will not offer a refund. I checked with Keith @ United, since he works more closely with DSSr and he offered that United can possibly fix the nozzles. So can we, but in the event repair techniques don't work, you have an altered nozzle that cannot be warranted. We were not willing to take that risk for our customer. Keith also said that the company should be willing to stand behind the nozzles.

Keith also stated his opinion about the .320 nozzles. He and I agree, it is a very large nozzle and would be prone to have problems with accurate fueling. Also, Keith and I agree that not all injectors work straight out of the box and if either his shop or my shop were the place of purchase, the customer never sees a bad nozzle because we THROW THE BAD ONES AWAY!

Since there is little to lose, I asked if Keith would be willing to check these questionable nozzles. I believe he is objective enough that I would trust him to be straight about it. That is between the owner of the nozzles and Keith how they wish to proceed.

As for Keith and myself, we both understand the issues and do not like being caught up in the backlash. Honesty is a strange thing. Nobody likes me pointing out a fault, but those same people are willing to accuse me of being untrustworthy, with little if anything to back their statements.. Before any attack, the first thing would be to confirm your information. You trust United Diesel...so be it. If it can be worked out, he can be my fair witness.

Once again, a single set of nozzles is not reason to disparage a company. Any company is capable of making a bad nozzle. A QUALITY PROVIDER WILL STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. That is fair and reasonable.

gerico_200

TDI
vw polo 6n ALH twinturbo
Frank, don't worry about our quality service.
I am still waiting for receiving the nozzles and I will control them.
After checking the nozzles, I refund the price for the shipment of them if I find a problem with the nozzles.
For bgsnyder case, he came to me after more than 65 days asking a refund but it's written in our return policy that after 65 days we don't proceed to refunds.
You succeeded in selling him your products, that's good for you.
I can understand that you want to promote products you sell but stop being mad finding any argument to blame my company. It's written on the website that some of the nozzles may come without marking. The invoice is to be refered to for warranty purpose.
I don't know what you are trying to say but if I was distributing copycat nozzles, I assume my sellers would have told me over so many years.
If my company was producing such bad quality nozzles as you are trying to tell everyone here on TDIclub, it would probably not be existing still 14 years after its launch.
Don't involve United Diesel, they have nothing to do with that issue. One of my clients mentioned their name to bring data, that's all.

bgsnyder

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf & 2005 Passat
So, after being held in customs for months the nozzles got sent back to me. My car was running poorly to say the least, so I decided hell with it, I'll try the nozzles I was told didn't work. Got a separate set of injector bodies swapped the nozzles on. No additional setup. Tossed them in, and the car ran great. So, I decided to check group 13 on VCDS. I was told 3 nozzles gush fuel and 1 pops, but flows less than a stock .184 nozzle. There should be a pretty obvious difference between them then right?
DSSR Nozzles:

Also checked group 13 log from when I had the balanced nozzles.
"Calibrated and Balanced Nozzles"

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I don't know why people keep referencing their Group 013 numbers as something that is overly meaningful, it's only the smooth idle adjustment and not completely indicative to nozzle performance or balance . I know someone who has over 80K on a set of Prothe injectors that are all within 0.10 of one another yet he's having running and starting issues that I can guarantee are related to them. I know someone else with over 350K on a set of stock ones that look the same. When nozzles flow too much fuel because they're worn out the idle balance looks great because there is excess fuel, so the engine doesn't need to compensate to maintain a smooth idle.

As to people bashing other vendors, it does get old and seems never ending by some people. I sent two sets of 8 injectors to one of the other vendors on here and they said all 8 failed despite four having 190K on them and 4 having only 144K. All I wanted was them cleaned and checked. OK,it's possible so I had two sets of PP520's installed earlier than I anticipated. Meanwhile I sent a set of 4 to Frank that had 120K on them and they were fine, only one needed a shim replaced because the previous Bosch authorized local shop that installed them stacked the shims rather than using one thicker one.

So to take away from this: 1) your smooth idle balance isn't as meaningful of injector balance as you think, and 2) give the animosity between vendors a rest unless you have something you can prove contradicting their claim.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Group 13 = Crank Acceleration converted into equivalent fuel volume injected.

No TDI (common Rail included) can measure actual injected fuel volume...

#2 looks like there is contamination in it... That would throw off the values on the other 3 cylinders.

Last edited:

bgsnyder

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf & 2005 Passat
I don't know why people keep referencing their Group 013 numbers as something that is overly meaningful, it's only the smooth idle adjustment and not completely indicative to nozzle performance or balance . I know someone who has over 80K on a set of Prothe injectors that are all within 0.10 of one another yet he's having running and starting issues that I can guarantee are related to them. I know someone else with over 350K on a set of stock ones that look the same. When nozzles flow too much fuel because they're worn out the idle balance looks great because there is excess fuel, so the engine doesn't need to compensate to maintain a smooth idle.
As to people bashing other vendors, it does get old and seems never ending by some people. I sent two sets of 8 injectors to one of the other vendors on here and they said all 8 failed despite four having 190K on them and 4 having only 144K. All I wanted was them cleaned and checked. OK,it's possible so I had two sets of PP520's installed earlier than I anticipated. Meanwhile I sent a set of 4 to Frank that had 120K on them and they were fine, only one needed a shim replaced because the previous Bosch authorized local shop that installed them stacked the shims rather than using one thicker one.
So to take away from this: 1) your smooth idle balance isn't as meaningful of injector balance as you think, and 2) give the animosity between vendors a rest unless you have something you can prove contradicting their claim.
I understand, but I was told that 3 gushed fuel and "One nozzle did pop correctly, but on our rating scale, the nozzle to be performing about equal to the Bosch DSLA P150 442. That nozzle = .174um" So with those extremes, you would expect to see that show up in the smooth idle control right? Let me know if there is a better way to tell if the injectors are balanced, but doesn't it say something when he said all sets are balanced to .5mg/stroke before being sent out and after installed they are showing almost 2mg/stroke off.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I would expect to see a difference that large, yes.

But as to how to measure or tell otherwise, it's why I send mine out to a shop and they are returned with a flow sheet filled with data. All I'm saying is the Group 013 data is not the end-all for injector interpretation, nor is it anything but mildly relevant.

I do not install injectors due to the liability and ease in which inaccuracies arise. Yes, that means I must trust an external source for that service and information.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I think what you're all missing is the ones balanced by Franko6 are all over and the "mount and pray" "faulty" nozzles are near perfect.