2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Since I don't see this in the list of threads, I figured, why not? Hopefully COVID will be long behind us in 2022, anyways.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
In for the discussion. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
JMO, but not sure if anyone lives off the road, but anything on Route 66 would be a good time. Again, JMO.
I took a drive on route 66 down in southern Missouri where it parallels i-44. It was a lot of fun, just to go slower and then blast some oldies from my phat noise system, then we had to pull up the route 66 song.
Yeah, it may have taken longer to get home, but it was a lot more relaxing.

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
I took a drive on route 66 down in southern Missouri where it parallels i-44. It was a lot of fun, just to go slower and then blast some oldies from my phat noise system, then we had to pull up the route 66 song.
Yeah, it may have taken longer to get home, but it was a lot more relaxing.
I did it chicago to SM in 2016. I missed a lot due to doing it in 7 days. Ill be retired soon and plan on doing it in my 81 Vette. Did a few hundred miles in my 15 Passat TDi over the summer. Ive done Trans Canada highway in 2 sections, and did Pacific Coast down Cali, but 66 was my favorite. Some fans are planning a big 100th anniversary in 2026. Ill make those festivities lol

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Canadians are always welcome in USA as long as they leave behind the woke Trudeau authoritarian shenanigans. Ha ha.
Ha, my knowledge of current affairs in Canada comes from South Park episodes (as they're ALWAYS bashing Canada!).

Oh, and epic fail for me not keeping up with this thread...

So some of y'all metioned central states. Not sure if there is a large concentration of TDI members in say Kansas or Oklahoma? I know @oilhammer and @Franko6 are in Missouri - not sure if that's central enough? I'm also down for New Mexico, Arizona or Colorado. I still think the TDI community is fairly strong, even if different demographics/people than pre-dieselgate (and then those of us who could care less about dieselgate and bought more TDIs).

Mozambiquer

TDI
Ha, my knowledge of current affairs in Canada comes from South Park episodes (as they're ALWAYS bashing Canada!).

Oh, and epic fail for me not keeping up with this thread...

So some of y'all metioned central states. Not sure if there is a large concentration of TDI members in say Kansas or Oklahoma? I know @oilhammer and @Franko6 are in Missouri - not sure if that's central enough? I'm also down for New Mexico, Arizona or Colorado. I still think the TDI community is fairly strong, even if different demographics/people than pre-dieselgate (and then those of us who could care less about dieselgate and bought more TDIs).
I'm also in Central Missouri, and there's several other guys in this vicinity. Obviously that's what I'll vote for, but that's because that's where I am. 😁

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Haha, I wasn't even paying attention to your info when I replied late last night. So there's 3 of y'all, and more I'm sure, and it's far from me, but still relatively central in the US.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Not quite withdrawal symptoms, but I've been wanting to attend a 'fest for years.
I think I'm going to have to scratch that itching by going to the SAAB owner's convention in my Sonett.
Haha, good 'ol Saab. I had a '97 900 SE Turbo that was a fun car... when the shifter linkage didn't act up on me. That car, and a '93 900 S before it, are how I really taught myself to drive a manual transmission.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Well, with things going on over here, Im surprised south park hasnt made more episodes LOL. Whenever we get released from this crazy country, Im hoping to be able to goto one of these.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
the maple bourders are all clogged up with jobless hobo burger people trying to give everyone covid.
BLAME CANADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!