2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Would anyone be interested in having a tdi fest or a gtg at the very least sometime this fall in southeast Missouri more specifically Sikeston MO I can do all the event organization myself we could have it at the rodeo grounds here. The jaycee bootheel rodeo which was the highest paying rodeo event in th us at one time and might still be for all I know lol not a rodeo kinda guy but it is held there every year it is always in August on Wensday Thursday Friday Saturday and each night they have a concert at the end of the night but the rest of the year they rent it out for car shows, corporate events, carnivals and whatever else people want and they provide the insurance, event security, professional stage with lights and sound equipment if there was enough interest i could get it set up and maybe even have a concert as part of the event to help attract some of these newbies that have just bought this that where part of the buyback so maybe they will see how valuable it is to be a part of this club when you own a vw tdi just let me know
That would be sweet! I'm also a missourian, and think that would be fun. I've not been to any of the tdi fests or gtgs, so it would be a first for me.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Probably because my diesel truck gets about one third the fuel mileage that my Beetle got.
You could innovatively save a few bucks here and there from now until the TDI Fest Labor Day weekend (assuming there will be one) to cover the extra cost of fuel ..... problem solved!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
VW Derf (Fred) attended several of the early 'Fest before he had a TDI.
Other have also attended / participated at TDI themed events without benefit of their own TDI.
I don't (currently) have a TDI, but I'd still plan on attending.
Show up in a rented Kia. Who cares?

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Looks like we need to have it in open state. Someplace like Idaho that is fully open and has been for 6+ months.
Or a state than never fully closed, like
Missouri. 😂

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Happy Labour Day weekend everyone.

I hope you everyone is doing well. Even though it has been several years now since our last TDIFest, it still seems strange for me not to be hanging out this weekend with all my fellow TDIFans, past and present and future.

Hard to believe how time passes and I miss you all.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Happy Labour Day weekend everyone.

I hope you everyone is doing well. Even though it has been several years now since our last TDIFest, it still seems strange for me not to be hanging out this weekend with all my fellow TDIFans, past and present and future.

Hard to believe how time passes and I miss you all.
5 years today……..very sad

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
And Tred is back home after a 10 month sabbatical With nuts and bolts. New steering rack and a DFIS rebuilt original IP to the car. Would have been great to attend another TDIfest and keep the streak going. As Tomo said 5 years The fire bpoat was almost needed to quell the flames of the fish boil.
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
And Tred is back home after a 10 month sabbatical With nuts and bolts. New steering rack and a DFIS rebuilt original IP to the car. Would have been great to attend another TDIfest and keep the streak going. As Tomo said 5 years The fire bpoat was almost needed to quell the flames of the fish boil.
PeterV & Hamsterdiesel.
Oh, the fish boil. Some of the nastiest bony fish that I have ever eaten.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Why would that stop you?
It won't stop me if there is another Fest. But I would feel a little out of place without a TDI. Maybe by then I will stumble on a mint ALH TDI to scarf up. I let too many of them slip through my fingers over the years and now that generation of TDIs are vanishing.

And Sailor, I agree about the bony fish that night. But it was a great week in Wisconsin.