2020 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Adds a 4-Cylinder Diesel

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
It's back by popular demand :)

Yes $40K and up but you get a lot of real estate. I bet you you can beat the average mileage of the Audi Q7 TDI!

I wonder why it does not come with the nine speed automatic?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Seems like a lot of vehicle for a 4 cyl, even if it is a diesel. I see it comes with tow prep standard. Wonder what the tow rating will be? I'm guess less than 2000 pounds in the US.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I assume it is the return of the OM651, which we had here in the previous versions 2014-16. I love mine, although we are soon parting ways with it. It has the same tow rating as the V6 of the time (5000 pounds). It tows Golfs and Jettas on a tow dolly quite easily.

They were all bolted to the 7sp automatic for us, the V6s were still the 5sp, but then the new Sprinter got the V6 with the 7sp too. The gas 4 cyl gets the 9sp. It may need it more. My '16 cruises at 80 at 2600 RPM and can get 25+ MPG easily.

Not as much of a fan of the new Sprinter as I wanted to be. The electric steering feels way overassisted. The pushbutton start and joystick gear selector suck. The HVAC controls are almost TOO simple (because you really cannot control things as easily, and have to look down and over at anything to see).