2018 New GMC Terrain FWD Diesel $31K Tax In

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Just wondering if there are any local opinions on the 2018 GMC Terrain FWD Diesel

My brother picked one up from the GMC dealer in Oshawa for $31,XXX tax in. Its new with only 7 kms on it.

Its the SLE model with the 1.6 litre Isuzu Diesel engine, power tailgate, push start, keyless entry etc.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That is not an Isuzu engine. The 1.6L LH7 engine is courtesy of GM's long time German partner Opel.

The 6.6L V8 diesels, commonly known as "Duramax" although that moniker now applies to other GM diesels sold here, is an Isuzu designed engine, built with a partnership with GM known as 'DMAX'. Isuzu designed it specifically for GM and under some pretty strict guidelines of fitment into GM trucks.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Some online articles state that the 1.6L at times, feels like it has to work extra hard to move a large vehicle like that. However, i don't think it should be a problem. One is not going to drag race with a diesel. I'm curious how real world fuel economy numbers are going to look like.

oilhammer

TDI
It isn't a large vehicle. It is on the same [compact] platform as the Cruze. The "new" Terrain/Equinox are not the same as the previous version. It is the D2XX platform, also courtesy of Opel.

Boy, sure is a lot of misinformation about these vehicles floating around.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Nothing advertised even comes close to that price.. maybe with a trade in and a bunch of credits. Decent looking truck with the small diesel engine option though.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
It isn't a large vehicle. It is on the same [compact] platform as the Cruze. The "new" Terrain/Equinox are not the same as the previous version. It is the D2XX platform, also courtesy of Opel.

Boy, sure is a lot of misinformation about these vehicles floating around.
In your opinion would you say the new platform is better and improved then the last? Any opinion on the drive train for each vehicle?

oilhammer

TDI
Driving dynamics VASTLY improved.

But time will tell on everything else.

I am no GM fan (nor a fan of any of its various subsidiaries or bedfellows like Opel), however that aside I would give one of these a good check if I were in the market for such a vehicle. They seem to be decently equipped and put together, and of the three engine choices the Equinox/Terrain get, the diesel would obviously be my first choice. The other gas engine choices are a 1.5L turbo and a 2.0L turbo.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Just wondering if there are any local opinions on the 2018 GMC Terrain FWD Diesel

My brother picked one up from the GMC dealer in Oshawa for $31,XXX tax in. Its new with only 7 kms on it.

Its the SLE model with the 1.6 litre Isuzu Diesel engine, power tailgate, push start, keyless entry etc.
Let us know how he likes it after a while and what true world economy numbers are.

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Sidekick AHU, '05 Passat Variant BHW, '03 Passat Variant BHW 4MO

Having worked on GM vehicles for many years, I found this particularly humorous:D

I do, of course, know what you meant to say;)

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I had a gasser Cruze as a rental for a couple weeks last year and I was pleasantly surprised. We even pondered getting a diesel one, but having to take a top of the line model to get the diesel made it a poor proposition.