2016 Passat - actual pics

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Took these yesterday at an auto show in town where they had a 2016 Passat on display.
You'll have to save off the image and zoom in to the sticker and feature card pics to read them.

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
Sorry but I gotta laugh about the blind spot warning stuff. VW is SOOO behind the times on these. My 2011 T&C minivan came with all this stuff and a back up camera that really works the way it should. But nice to see they made it to the party. :rolleyes:

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Sorry but I gotta laugh about the blind spot warning stuff. VW is SOOO behind the times on these. My 2011 T&C minivan came with all this stuff and a back up camera that really works the way it should. But nice to see they made it to the party. :rolleyes:
You need a camera to back up?:rolleyes:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
FWIW I can back doubles down a twisty logging road, but this Passat (like all modern cars) has some pretty small field of view of the flat sloped rear window and the tiny jetta mirrors don't help

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Sure is a lot more convenient. My wife has had it on her previous 4 car leases. My 2013 TDI doesn't have one. I don't need it, but it sure is nice when parking into tight spaces that I can see exactly how close I am to a wall, pole, or bumper.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Sure is a lot more convenient. My wife has had it on her previous 4 car leases. My 2013 TDI doesn't have one. I don't need it, but it sure is nice when parking into tight spaces that I can see exactly how close I am to a wall, pole, or bumper.
That's exactly where the camera is useful. First, to ensure there isn't something immediately behind the car before you begin moving. That shouldn't be an issue if you had just moved into your current location. The other is to gauge your distance from any obstacle behind you. Particularly in parking garages.

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
Man they're awesome for parallel parking. Have had one for while in my Acura and being able to practicallyn kiss the car behind you without hitting it is priceless when trying to fit into a smaller opening.

Only people who dis backup cameras are those who are too poor to get one for sure.

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
It's there, I paid for it. I expect it to work and work like the other 98% of the industry. ;)

Man they're awesome for parallel parking. Have had one for while in my Acura and being able to practically kiss the car behind you without hitting it is priceless when trying to fit into a smaller opening.
Agree, but I think that SOME :cool: missed the point. Too bad they couldn't put the beer down long enough to add some sensors so when you got within inches of an object, it would yell at ya.

Fav40

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL (BB 2/17/17) 2017 Passat V6 SEL Premium
I use my mirrors mostly, but love having a back up camera. When backing in close, it's useful and convenient.

I was better at backing in 48 or 53 foot trailers to docks with a better idea to remaining distance than I was with my Silverado or Dodge Ram when I had them. Hitch hanging out, I never could gauge it right. Didn't want to risk a hitch into someones hood.