2016 Golf is out now :)

bryanmabbott

TDI
'02 VW Golf Manual; '13 Touareg TDI
I don't own the new Golf but have my eye on it. Just checked the VW US website this morning and noticed the 2016 Golf is out with new features.

Here is what I see different going off of memory of model differences between 15 and 16 :
1)Apple Car Play on 6.5" screen/ Discover Media navigation
"VW Car-Net® App-Connect™ lets you link your compatible smartphone with Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, or MirrorLink® to use select apps on the touchscreen display of your Volkswagen. So, your streaming music, mobile maps, and other apps can be controlled from the touchscreen on your dash—you can even receive and reply to text messages without having to look down at your smartphone"

2) Driver Assistance package new features. On top of the collision warning and front and rear parking sensors, it has:
-Autonomous Emergency Braking
-Lane Departure Warning
-Parking Steering Assist
-Adaptive Cruise Control

3) SEL is "order only" according to their website

4) new "Platinum Grey Metallic" ?

5) S trim gets VW Car Net App Connect w/ 6.5" "composite" touchscreen

6) S trim gets standard Rear view camera

7) S trim gets cloth seats instead of leatherette

8) New USB audio port in lieu of MDI in the center console

9) New S trim TDI 2 door?

See anything else?

Last edited:

bryanmabbott

TDI
'02 VW Golf Manual; '13 Touareg TDI
Oops, guess I'm outdated. Didn't realize there was a press release on August 5. Pricing seems to remain the same though. $32835 for SEL TDI with DSG and 2 packages.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Sigh. Would really like the infotainment upgrade. Looks like the same old Platinum Gray to me though.

I'm sure lots of folks on here will be happy about the 2 door option, as well as the USB port.

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI S 6M-Sold
When I see the VW car net app connect it makes me wonder if you would have to subscribe to Carnet to get the apple play or android auto working

paix247

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Golf 4-Door in Shark Blue
When you build a 2016 Sportwagen on the VW site, the SEL trim now shows carbon fiber black instead on the piano black on the 2015 models. However, when I check out the few photos of the 2016 SEL's on cars.com, they all appear to have the same shiny piano black and not the carbon fiber. What the heck? Anyone seen one in person? How could VW show one trim, and not offer it? Maybe it's a mistake that will soon be corrected? I want the SEL, but I don't like the dust magnet piano black.

Example:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/645872218/overview/#7

http://www.vw.com/models/golf-sportwagen/trims/2016/2016-tdi-sel-trim/edit/tab/interior/

Last edited:

WesTID

TDI
12 GTI
Poo, from the articles I read blind spot monitoring was supposedly coming out this year.