2015 VW TDI Sport w/>170,000 miles, an affordable 2015 TDI, should I buy?

febrile

TDI
Past owner of 2004 Touareg; 2013 Touareg TDI Lux; now considering purchase of 2015 Touareg TDI Sport w>170,000 miles am I crazy?
2015 VW.TDI.Sport w/>170K miles=bargain 2015 TDI? should I buy or am I crazy?

Hi, I call for insight into my latest consideration for Touareg love.
Today, I'm buying a used 2015 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/>170,000 miles. It reportedly had no major work outside of routine maintenance & synthetic oil changes w/favorable multi-point inspection report with latest (Sept2019) synthetic oil change performed at 169,814 miles claiming no service recommendations.
I ask members for issues I should prepare myself for. What foreseeable risk potential or risk mitigation may be helpful in the purchase of such high-mileage TDI. Feedback, advice, insights, please... Thanks in advance to everyone for your time & consideration! :)

Last edited:

Demickm

TDI
2013 VW sport wagon TDI, and 2003 VW Wagon TDI
tdi purchase

8 months ago I purchased a 2013 VW sport wagon tdi with only 57K miles on it for $7300. Only one owner and no accidents. I used cars.com to find it. Had to fly to Atlanta Ga to pick it up though. There is a lot of them out there. Need to make sure that they haven't been in a flood.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I'm sure you're aware that T-regs are not cheap to own nor maintain, so I'm hoping you have some kind of warranty on that beast.

Tires will be expensive and needed often, just due to the heft of the thing.

I would definitely start saving up for a chain job with that many miles on it.

Have the diffs and transmission had their fluids flushed?

I'm considering a 2012 model but with less than half the mileage. There's plenty to read over at clubtouareg dot com and even here in the T-reg subforum.

Good luck, all the best.