2015 TDI models (I spoke with a VW salesman today)

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
As stated in the title, I spoke with a VW salesman today about the 2015 TDI models. Keep the source in mind when considering the truthfullness or accuraty of the information presented below.

He said that only the 2015 Golfs are MQB or Mk7 chassis/engine design. The 2015 Jetta is still a Mk6 with a CJAA engine. He did not have a 2015 Golf TDI that I could look at, he said they just sold the only one they had. Anyway, it looks like the Jetta and the NB are going to be staying the same (internally) until the 2016 model year.

He didn't seem to know if/when MQB will be coming to the US Passat (NMS), but for now it is still the same CKRA engine in the 2015 TDI models.

The most interesting thing he said to me was when I asked about a Passat Wagen. He is convinced that 2016 will include a Passat AllTrack (4wd) wagon with a TDI engine (and a manual transmission possible). Perhaps this is what they will call the small SUV they are talking about building in Chattanooga. He also hinted at a TDI Tiguan in 2016.

Please remember that all of this information is from a new car salesman. Some of might be true, but some of it is probably BS. Today, my dealer had a special going on. I got a stupid little 25 piece tool kit that fits inside a flashlight (Oh boy!) and a $20 Target gift card (for the wife) just for the chance to tell a VW salesman exactly why he doesn't have anything that I want to buy. What fun!

Have Fun!

Don

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I think that the 15 Sportswagen will be mqb based. Thus the reason they're changing the name to golf sw.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think that the 15 Sportswagen will be mqb based. Thus the reason they're changing the name to golf sw.
He has not seen one of those yet. I do not know when they are scheduled to start arriving. You might be right, only time will tell.

Have Fun!

Don

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I had heard after the first of the year.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Lol sounds as if he doesn't know what he is talking about......I got a copy of the ordering guide from Chris this weekend.....

Tinkertoy

TDI
'17 passat SEL 1.8t gasser, '13 passat se dsg
Vw has already confirmed the new motor will be available across the whole lineup.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lol sounds as if he doesn't know what he is talking about
I did say he was a salesman, so this is not a big surprise. I really didn't expect much more. All he really knew about was what was already on the lot.

Have Fun!

Don