2015 TDI 2.0 additional performance mods?

NZVDUB

TDI
2015 2.0 TDI
I've had my 2.0 tdi tuned TVS engineering stage 2 (is a stage 1 but TVS call it stage 2) everything is stock on the car besides the Flash ECU and DSG tune.
Apart from the tune what other performance mods could i do to get more hp / power?

Other mods: Eibach lowered springs, 19' pretorias on Pirelli Powergy 235/35/R19

Turbo muffler delete?
Charge pipes?
bigger injectors?
Air filter? (already done the mod cutting the front plastic grill to get more air and removed the snow grid in the air box)
Rear exhaust muffler delete?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
What engine code(s) did you all receive in NZ for the '15 model year? Or rather, which one do you have? They're not all equal ;)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
you guys don't have DEF/SCR system over there on the early mk7 right? just DPF?

How friendly are the local constables and inspection stations for DPF deletes?

NZVDUB

TDI
2015 2.0 TDI
It’s the 110kw engine.
Yeah, only got the dpf which unfortunately can’t be deleted in NZ as it will not pass the car inspections.
Others have gutted the dpf and left the casing so the lazy inspector see it and assume it’s there and pass the vehicles. I don’t feel like doing that and having issues later on as it’s my daily driver

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
To stay in compliance with DPF the CR190 is a modest upgrade. They have them with larger compressor wheel as well that can push a bit more and retain DPF. I don't have personal experience with that turbo, so maybe someone can chime in or reach out to your tuner. With CR150 you likely have lower flow injectors..check the part number on top, should be something like 04L130277AC. The AE version flows more and is a good upgrade. Darkside sells them as well. Expensive upgrade though.
  1. To see above 180hp = turbo upgrade
  2. To see above 210hp = injectors
  3. To see above 240hp = CP3 fuel pump
  4. To see above 260hp = Cylinder head work
  5. 286bhp max is what Darkside's GTD blog shows...look it up, it's a good read. Most of these figures are from that, but I could be off just a hair on some.
I say all of that to also say, that's without DPF. You'll be limited with that in place likely to the tune of 210hp/350tq, but could still see a reason to go with the CR190 (possibly the uprated one). Not sure if injectors would get a whole lot more for the money they are. So basically #1 & #2 above.

Last edited:

NZVDUB

TDI
2015 2.0 TDI
I feel for the money spent on a new turbo I might aswell get the biggest to make it worthwhile the expense.

would changing the injectors make a difference with the stock turbo?

also any feedback on the other mods I posted?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Best by far Mod to do on a VW s a rear sway bay..
sure for IRS golfs, but torsion bar rear ends, the lower ground clearance and drilling needed kinda stinks

NZVDUB

TDI
2015 2.0 TDI
Ok noted about the turbo inlet pipe. Will end up doing that to get better efficiency for the turbo. Out of the two which would be a better choice, Raceline or Darkside

I’m putting in BFI engine and trans mount so the add with a rear sway bar is tempting. Which brand is good to go with?
I need to check if my golf has the IRS or not

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
If your car requires DEF it's almost definitely torsion beam. If it doesn't require DEF it's probably IRS.

Laminated1

TDI
15 Sportwagen
I put ceramic pads on the day I buy the cars. I might put the Koni new version FSD shock on when these wear, I had them on my Mk4 and they were perfect

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Did you install this one?
Yup. I'm not sure if anybody else makes one for the rear with torsion beam. At some point I saw one that looked to be identical to the Neuspeed on eBay, except it was blue instead of red. But it was less than $50 cheaper than the Neuspeed and Neuspeed has been really responsive on the customer service side on the couple occasions I've contacted them in the past.

BΞΝ

TDI
Golf mk7 tdi
I bought it and was looking for a diy in youtube but nothing came up. From the instructions looks pretty straight forward and easy so I'll be wrenching to install it tomorrow

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ok noted about the turbo inlet pipe. Will end up doing that to get better efficiency for the turbo. Out of the two which would be a better choice, Raceline or Darkside

I’m putting in BFI engine and trans mount so the add with a rear sway bar is tempting. Which brand is good to go with?
I need to check if my golf has the IRS or not
99% sure you have IRS of a regular golfs, If so I enjoy H&R products, so anything that works for a GTI FWD will work on the GSW.

Good luck with the BFI, i've heard they are nice on modded Gassers but a bit harsh on TDIs.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
I installed a neuspeed rsb (See pic below, I put a Rawtek sticker on it). It was a pretty simple install. I couldn’t do red so I powder coated mine black. Can’t say I felt much of a difference back there so I’m going to install the Racingline rear body brace next. OP, fwiw my favorite mod to date is a Wavetrac followed by a 2260.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
look at all that weight savings from the custom exhaust, nice.