2015 Passat

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
If your car has the safety switch for nozzle (it should), it could be broken or just not being released by whatever nozzle is being put into it. Make sure the pump has the right nozzle. Diesel should be larger diameter than gasoline. Here is a video explaining:

Mountain TDI

TDI
2002 and 2003 Jettas and 2015 Passat 6M
Go do a different island and try another diesel nozzle. It could be slightly bent (I.e. Not round). I did this recently you could not see the out of roundness on the bad nozzle. I think the tolerances must be very tight.

B Savage

TDI
2015 Passat 2004 vw golfTDI
no nozzle fits fuel wont go down to the tank backs up as soon as you try to add fuel we live in extreme cold and snow i think the snow and ice may have built up in wheel well and smashed filler tube went to car wash spent $20 on pressure washing then was able to fill tank .Great

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
no nozzle fits fuel wont go down to the tank backs up as soon as you try to add fuel we live in extreme cold and snow i think the snow and ice may have built up in wheel well and smashed filler tube went to car wash spent $20 on pressure washing then was able to fill tank .Great
There was a TSB about this, let me find out and there was a fix for it.

Edit: Found it!