2015 Passat TDI insurance cost ?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I'm just curious what people are paying for their insurance in small town Ontario on a 2015 PASSAT TDI. Clean driving record ! Definitely well over 60 years old. Wondering if my insurance is charging way too mucking fuch at just under $ 1900.00 a year.

TIA

Please no info on a Jetta since it's not the same category!

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Sounds expensive but that premium might also incorporate the risks associated with driving it way down south. Unless you have another provider kick in when your down south.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't know about insurance costs in your area but having just switched companies for my own TDIs I was reminded that liability limits, deductibles, comprehensive coverage, rental car if yours is disabled, towing...these can all affect premium costs.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Johnny04 raises an interesting point. Does that insurance cover you while in Mexico? I think my insurance covers me while in Canada but will have to check before I start taking my own car across the line. Company rentals aren't on my policy.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My insurance only covers me to the Texas/Mexico border. Mexico does not recognize any NOB insurance.
For coverage in Mexico for 6 months I pay about US$ 400.00 full coverage and that practically includes a lawyer in the back seat, LOL !
Just got back home and will have to look into this insurance thing a bit more thoroughly.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Follow up:
I did one of those online comparison checks. Yes one company had a much better rate, but it turned out that they only quoted me for the other side but not my car.
After a long time on the phone with my current insurance I got a very significant reduction in my premium.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Anytime I check those other guys, the initial quote comes up showing substantial savings. I then realize that they've shifted down the minimum level required by the state of NC. once I bump it back up to my current coverages, the savings usually disappear. I do need to sit down with my current insurer and make sure that I'm getting as good of deal as I can.