2015 Passat TDI fuse diagram

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Well as we all know there is no fuse diagram to be found. Maybe someone in the business of repairing may have that.

Now about 3-4 years ago I decided that that is ridiculous and spent the money to buy an assortment of ATO fuses that light up when they are blown.
Happened to me today that a fuse blew, fortunately not a critical fuse but the one for the 12 volt outlet in the cubby below the radio.
All I had to do was to remove the fuse panel door and the faulty fuse was brightly lit up.

Best money I spent for those fuses !!!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Did it blow cause it a was as POS fuse, or did paper clip fall into the 12v socket shorting it out?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No idea why it blew, definitely NO paper clip anywhere near there ever.

But having said that I just bought another kit of 43 GLO fuses, probably will last me my lifetime.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So seeing that the GLO fuse idea seems to be the best way around the which fuse is what for and NO fuse diagram available anywhere, I am now going to buy a kit of the smaller mini glo fuses too and then if another fuse blows I can immediately tell which "ACTUAL" fuse it is !!!

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
So seeing that the GLO fuse idea seems to be the best way around the which fuse is what for and NO fuse diagram available anywhere, I am now going to buy a kit of the smaller mini glo fuses too and then if another fuse blows I can immediately tell which "ACTUAL" fuse it is !!!
I found my fuse diagram for my '13 NMS Passat, you can't find yours?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nope and I'd been looking ever since I got the car 5 years ago.
Maybe post the diagram to help others !!!
But then maybe a 2013 is a different animal.

BTW: For what it's worth friends have a KIA and it has almost 5 pages in the owners manual for fuses including a diagram !!!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Even some cars that have some form of label, it is often worthless. Especially Nissan, that loves to label fuses as "electrical components". Seriously. Well, duh, pretty sure they are not for "hydraulic" components.

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Nope and I'd been looking ever since I got the car 5 years ago.
Maybe post the diagram to help others !!!
But then maybe a 2013 is a different animal.

BTW: For what it's worth friends have a KIA and it has almost 5 pages in the owners manual for fuses including a diagram !!!
I found this, its spec to my car.

Fuses

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
d2freeman

I appreciate you posting the info but it is as clear as mud to me. The closest I can find is still not applicable to my 2015, for instance I have NO fuses to the right of the dash and I may be wrong no fuses under the hood. In other cars I've had there were clear indications as to what positions fuse was for which circuit. Without conting them there are probably only about 20 fuse positions filled and are a mixture of ATO and Mini fuses.

I really think that my solution, though not inexpensive is best. NO need to find a diagram, the faulty fuse shows up "BRIGHTLY" lit up, day or night!
But that's my opinion. Probably only the cost of half a dozen Starbuck's.

Amazon ATO GLO fuses

Amazon Mini GLO fuses

oilhammer

TDI
I think all NMS Passats have the same fuse panel arrangement, although the VR6 cars get an extra one in the trunk (they also have the battery in the trunk).

The 2015s are slightly different in their arrangement in the underhood fusebox, though, but not a drastic change.

The underhood box is A and B, same as most all the modern cars (A5, A6, B6, etc.). Although the newer cars do not really have individual fuses in the A part, as it is just one multi-link setup.

Then of course there is always the confusion between the NMS Passat, and B7 Passat. We do not get the B7 Passat. Never did, never will. We get the NMS, which is not the same car, not the same platform (although they are all pretty similar). Then to add insult to injury, China also gets a version of the NMS, but it is slightly different than ours, and gets different engine and equipment options, so that further adds to the confusion.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nothing to do with fuses. When I was in China I did see their Passat "Magotan" and I saw differences but could not really pinpoint them.

Just for information purposes showing the history of the Passat as well as pointing out the different models for North America, Europe and China:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
too bad it's now dead in the North American market, amazing that lasted the last few years that it did.

2012 to 2022 is an amazing run with no major redesigns, just a few different "bright work" updates.

oilhammer

TDI
You've never seen any B-vans, G-vans, or E-vans, then? ;)

The old unibody G-van went from 1967 to 1995. The full framed one that replaced it in 1996 is still in production today (although then did get updated steering, suspension, and the new engines along the way).

The unibody Chrysler B-van went from 1970 to 2003, with just a couple minor facelifts.

The ubiquitous Ford E-van that got an all new design in 1975 went all the way until 1991 with virtually no changes except the addition of EFI and OD transmissions. Then the 1992 version was just a reskin, the underpinnings were the same... then a minor facelift and engine bay/dash change happened in 1997 to facilitate the use of the new OHC V8s and V10s. Then another facelift later, which is STILL in production today (Twin I-beam and all!) in cab-chassis models with the new Godzilla engine as its only option. 1975 to 2021!!!!

Now THAT is an amazing run!

VAG's Transporters ran on an 11 year cycle, until they left our showrooms completely. But the T1, T2, and T3 sporadically continued production in various markets, with the T2 (first introduced in 1968) finally ending production in 2013... an amazing 45 years!

The A1 Golf went 10 years in the initial run, and ended up finally ending production in 2009... a staggering 35 years!

The A2 (albeit with a lot of facelifting) is still in production today, from its 1985 start. The B2 Passat, sold under various names over the years but first into production in 1982 only just recently ended production in China.

Ford was still building F-trucks in Brazil that were the same trucks we got new in 1967 until 1992.

Nissan was still building the car we knew as the 1991 Sentra until 2017.... 26 years!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
For a dying bread of sedans and the modern mentality of upgrades and redesigns every 3-5 years IMO yeah it was impressive. i wouldn't have been surprised if VW pulled the passat in 2019. I wonder how long China will keep the NMS Passat platform or if they will get a refresh.

As for utilitarian van life, totally understand that tradesman preferer the no fluff low operating cost of long runs such as you mentioned.

oilhammer

TDI
Volkswagen's current North American lineup is abysmal, and it is only getting worse. I'm happy to have the older ones I have. I could not imagine not having a B5 variant after living with one for as long as I have. It is one of the best most useful cars ever.