2015 Passat SE 6 speed pricing

Pappa Grande

TDI
2015 GSW S 6sp [was 2013 Passat TDI 6sp & was 2002 Golf]
Hey guys. I was just bit by a small insanity bug. I was thinking of trading my 2013 Passat for a 2015.

Does anyone have any recent research on current pricing. How aggressive is the pricing these days. I have read post after post of how inventory is building up, but I'm wondering that the real deals are.

I miss Chris F.

shegel

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 jetta 2015 Passat
I bought a 15 se 6mt exactly 1 week ago today. they sold it to me for 22,8 with 2500 down.

seandice

TDI
2015 Passat SE 6MT
paid: 23,287
sticker: 28,445 (including destination and accessories)

I had to order mine, if they have yours on the lot I wouldn't pay anything over 23k.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Id check to see if this offer is still good? Looks like they are really pushing the current NMS in preps for the 2016's

Volkswagen TDI® Clean Diesel vehicles move fast — and so should you.

car0430a

TDI
15' Passat SE TDI 6M
23,500 out the door, Candy White, SE row your own, Cornsilk Beige & Black interior

MSPR- 28,850

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It looks like VW has increased the MSRP with the expectation of increased haggling so that buyers feel like they're getting better deals. MSRP on a 2012 SE DSG was around $28,500 when we bought ours, and there weren't very many good deals at the time. SE manuals were selling for about what people are paying at the moment for 2015s, if I remember correctly.

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
I find Cars.com a good indicator or pricing using a 500mile radius as my local dealers do not seem to advertise discounted prices. Truecar is another good place to check.

Gary Barnhill

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE SR & Nav
Capistrano Volkswagen, San Juan Capistrano, CA

58 Passats. Current red tag sale has Passat TDI for as much as $5700 off. Many at $4100 off.

Pappa Grande

TDI
2015 GSW S 6sp [was 2013 Passat TDI 6sp & was 2002 Golf]
Thanks for all of the responses. True car has been an interesting indicator of Passat Pricing. However it seems that VW does not offer 0% with the true car pricing, so that is a problem for me.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Same issues here- either the great price with a all cash offer or higher interest, or an higher out the door price at 0% so I brought them a bank check for the great price only to have them pull a fast one on me by financing me threw VW credit then using my bank check to pay it off later that week. Must had been quite the inside incentive to make them do that to a customer.

Last edited:

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Same issues here- either the great price with a all cash offer or higher interest, or an higher out the door price at 0% so I brought them a bank check for the great price only to have them pull a fast one on me by financing me threw VW credit then using my bank check to pay it off later that week. Must had been quite the inside incentive to make them do that to a customer.
If they asked to do it this way beforehand, I wouldn't have a problem with it. If they did it without my knowledge, I think they are breaking the law.

Your signature is required on the loan papers. If they had you sign them without telling you what you were signing, I believe that's fraud. I agree there must be some incentive for them to do that.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Not sure about the current cash incentives but the interest rates run through end of June. I had a momentary thought of upgrading the 10 JSW for a 15 GSW. The only clear reason I could come up with was red with cream interior on the SE or the gray interior on the SLE. plus I would opt for the manual this time. Just paid both cars off, so going to wait and see how long I can survive without a car payment.

Just looked it up. $1000 credit is good through the end of the month too, but only in combination with the financing through VW.

Last edited:

senez

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat DSG
I was at 23,4 w/ the cash incentives. They had to locate the vehicle for me, so I was fine with it. Plus this dealer has been awesome to deal with for years. Was able to secure a great rate, anyway, so it worked out.

Glacier Blue

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI DSG
You didn't mention the mileage on your '13 I was looking at trading in mine on a Mazda 6 and dump the diesel. I have 83000 miles on it and they would only give me $13000 trade after I paid $29.2K 2 years ago.

scottydog

TDI
2015 Passat SE DSG
I got 2k off for VW financing back in February, then paid off the loan in 1-2 months. I was told VW Credit isn't happy about giving financing credit then an immediate payoff.

FWIW paid 26k on 32k MSRP Passat SE/DSG/NAV/Sunroof

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
I paid $23700+tax+dealer fees on June 13th. But I did get 0.0% for 72 months.
What was the sticker on your car?
I am looking at the SE with sunroof DSG, sticker $30,505, they are selling it to me for $24,300 plus tax and dealer fees but NO 0% for 72 month.

flamingolegs

TDI
2015 Passat SE
What was the sticker on your car?
I am looking at the SE with sunroof DSG, sticker $30,505, they are selling it to me for $24,300 plus tax and dealer fees but NO 0% for 72 month.

My sticker was 27,000 and change. I ran into the same issue you have, regarding the 0.0% You need to analyze what works best for you a slightly higher price with 0.0% or lower price with perhaps a 1.9% do the math. However 24,300 is a good price for the DSG.

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
My sticker was 27,000 and change. I ran into the same issue you have, regarding the 0.0% You need to analyze what works best for you a slightly higher price with 0.0% or lower price with perhaps a 1.9% do the math. However 24,300 is a good price for the DSG.
Thanks a lot Flamingolegs, yes, I did some calculations and the cheaper price without the 0% deal looks better payments wise.