2015 NMS lift (suspension upgrade) DIY

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta wagon BEW; 2015 Passat SE CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA
Well, after much reading, hesitation, and then waiting for parts I was able to lift and firm up my 2015 Passat SE using:

* H&R Tiguan lift springs 29037-1
* Bilstein B4 22-151056 Struts
* Audi 81A-407-183 control arm big bushing

Control arm bushing before pressing:

New bushing in place. This one is not a completely solid bushing like the TT one, but much firmer than the original:

Whole install, with plenty of Fluid Film for good measure:

Front springs...what POS that original one, not even straight:

Both wheel arches started at 28 inches, ended slightly different front and back. Before:

After. Front:

After. Back:

Ground clearance front:

Back:

Very happy with the results, the car now drives like a tank, zero body roll and I'm sure I could carry as much weight as I want.
Also, according to a google search, the Outback ground clearance is 8.7 inches, I now have even more than that.

Last edited:

Drebin

TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
That’s really cool. Do you have any 3/4 or side profile shots of the whole car? Is there much difference in cornering stability?

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank you!

Yes, now cornering is great, the car feels much more planted and I can take highway ramps without drama; but that would be a function of stiffer springs/bushings/struts, not so much the added height.

There you go:

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
After driving this setup for some time, I have to say that the front is overkill, but the back is just right.

If I had to do it again, I would do just regular Tiguan springs on the front, lift on the back.

Front does creak when turning and going thru a level change: right turn into my driveway, not left turn since that is a longer turn. Also, if going fast over speed bumps, front will pop, returning too fast to full extension.