2015 Jetta TDi Oil Change Warning Light After Oil Change and Interval Reset

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
Just got an oil change in the TDI and the Oil change interval was reset. While driving, the Service, oil change now message appeared with a yellow oil symbol in the top of the message window came on. Going to the service menu to check the interval for the next oil change, it says 9500 miles. What gives? Does something else need to be reset?

Alan Drake

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 DSG
There are two things to reset, run into the same problem last change. Think it was a maintenance & oil change, memory is cloudy on it. Try a youtube search on how to reset these - had to do mine a few times before it worked. Sorry can not be of more specific help.

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
Did the Oil Change and Inspection Interval resets. Light comes back on. Thought oil might be over filled, but it wasn't. Used 0W-30 oil with the change. I'm going to try 5W-30 Oil. Not sure the shop that did the oil change had the right spec oil. Still perplexed.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
The two different weights might make a slight difference in cold weather starts.
Long shot.
After resetting shut the car, remove the key get out and maybe lock the car for five minutes.
:unsure:

skigolfmike

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG SEL
I sucked out all the oil and replaced with Castrol EDGE High Milage 5W-30. No joy. Tried the resets again - nope. Reset the tune to the factory tune, nope. I have the yellow light with the wavy line coming on indicating low oil level. This is not the case as it's perfect on the dipstick. I have a shop that specializes in VWs looking at it soon. It's either software issue or a sensor issue IMHO.

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
I sucked out all the oil and replaced with Castrol EDGE High Milage 5W-30. No joy. Tried the resets again - nope. Reset the tune to the factory tune, nope. I have the yellow light with the wavy line coming on indicating low oil level. This is not the case as it's perfect on the dipstick. I have a shop that specializes in VWs looking at it soon. It's either software issue or a sensor issue IMHO.
Please dont tell me You used North American oil in a TDI?