2015 GSW TDI S 6M hunt

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Ok- I have the itch for a replacement for my '09 Jetta Sportwagen 6M so I want to know what current best deals you guys have gotten on '15 GSW TDi S 6M's. I really don't like dealing with salesmen face to face so I do my negotiating through the internet so there's no chance of a misunderstanding.

One of my closer VW dealers has two models that meet my exact requirements and there should be some great deals being made out there considering the '16's are just around the corner. Help me out and let me know what you've done ( before tax, tag and add ons please.

axnels2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta sportswagen
I think many folks got 3500-5000 off MSRP. It probably depends on your location too. Just browsing my dealers online inventory shows $3500 off msrp without even asking... I am guessing there is room for negotiation.

cyclonus

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6MT
There seems to be an imbalance of information.

2 dealers have suggested that the 2016 GSWs will be coming circa Spring just like the 2015s. Where a few seem to be more in the know and are saying they are coming by September.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
There doesn't seem to be as much input as I would expect in the "Prices Paid" section concerning GSW TDI's. I just got email back from the salesman that I purchased a '13 Passat TDI and he's offering $2k off and a thousand of it is the loyalty rebate. LOL

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
Ok- I have the itch for a replacement for my '09 Jetta Sportwagen 6M so I want to know what current best deals you guys have gotten on '15 GSW TDi S 6M's. I really don't like dealing with salesmen face to face so I do my negotiating through the internet so there's no chance of a misunderstanding.
One of my closer VW dealers has two models that meet my exact requirements and there should be some great deals being made out there considering the '16's are just around the corner. Help me out and let me know what you've done ( before tax, tag and add ons please.
Just paid $21.9k to Emich in Denver for my silk blue 6MT GSW TDI S. There's oodles of them in Colorado. Come over and get one.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Local dealer's newest offer is $3000 off msrp. They say that add ons and fees are added on at these $4000 discount dealers. I'm not biting!

Bueller

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL
Local dealer's newest offer is $3000 off msrp. They say that add ons and fees are added on at these $4000 discount dealers. I'm not biting!
Based on my research that's not a bad deal, though it can vary from one locale to another.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT

You can get to 4k if you're a current VW owner... Loyalty bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
The local dealer has already included the $1000 Loyalty Rebate. They also said they'll match any WRITTEN contract from another dealer. That's lame-all they have to do is go to the other dealer's website to verify it. I was amazed at Emich though as they say their price INCLUDES the $499 dealer fee.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
This web site seems awesome

https://www.truecar.com/

It is showing a $1,632 off MSRP for a "true price" of $21,533
The S trim is a deal.... it's a little stripped.... I do think the discount
on the SE and even more on SEL are reported to be higher. I think
they are trying to get rid of the 2015's.... VW may have made more
based on anticipated sales... and dealers are getting rebates, so they
are able to sell cheaper.....

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
This web site seems awesome

https://www.truecar.com/

It is showing a $1,632 off MSRP for a "true price" of $21,533
The S trim is a deal.... it's a little stripped.... I do think the discount
on the SE and even more on SEL are reported to be higher. I think
they are trying to get rid of the 2015's.... VW may have made more
based on anticipated sales... and dealers are getting rebates, so they
are able to sell cheaper.....

I got my TDI S 6MT for 21.9k

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
I paid $21.9k plus $500 DH. I got on CL and found some 2013 GLI virtual take offs this guy had plasti dipped and held on to. I bought the set for $600. The Contis still had almost all tread life. I traded in my 15 Golf TSI SE for $21k. I paid $23k for that in March. Golf was fun, but my kids kept griping about the loss of space from my prior JSW.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
I paid $21.9k plus $500 DH. I got on CL and found some 2013 GLI virtual take offs this guy had plasti dipped and held on to. I bought the set for $600. The Contis still had almost all tread life. I traded in my 15 Golf TSI SE for $21k. I paid $23k for that in March. Golf was fun, but my kids kept griping about the loss of space from my prior JSW.

What is "DH"?

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Funny- they emailed me saying they had NO additional fees. I hate it when you fight for a good price and then dealers take part of it back with their dealer fees. In essence, the $21.9k paid is really $22.4k.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
Sometimes the quote is with the fees baked in and sometimes not, so when I negotiate, I'll email something like $3.8k off msrp +DH and $21k trade. I will never negotiate terms without including a trade if I have one to take away the opportunity for the dealer to isolate terms. I always do my trade research up front too. The reason I like to isolate vs MSRP is so I get a sense of how much margin the dealer is willing to absorb. Then if I wanted a different car, I can ask for the discount for that one. Lastly, I always go to the Internet manager of multiple dealers and throw out stretch terms to see how each replies.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
What I meant is ask for a bigger discount than you think they can do and better trade that what the sites like KBB and Edmunds say ... Their reply will tell you alot