2015 GSW - location of Vehicle Information Label

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Hi All;
Does anyone know where the Vehicle Information label is on the 2015 GSW?
I don't think the trim or transmission should matter.
That label is around 2' x 3" and has a lot of useful info regarding the specific engine, trans., paint, options codes of the car.
On our 09 it was in the spare tire area but not on my 2015!@#@
Nor on any door pillar or under hood.
??
I'll have to take another look and remove my spare tire just in case I missed it there.
Can anyone confirm if/where they have seen it on their car?
Silly to ask such a basic question but the answer could help anyone not familiar with that label.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I think it may be on tag in passenger fenderwell arae close to the front but not sure as it's been a while since I saw it.

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Thanks.
Will do another search, but I did look in engine compartment already, and its not there in my car.
Need some of those codes for erWin downloads.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
double check the rear tire well? what about by the knock out panel where the jack and tools are located?

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Thanks.
Will do another search, but I did look in engine compartment already, and its not there in my car.
Need some of those codes for erWin downloads.
The tag I recall is near the passenger fog light area and the undercover needs removed to see it. So I don't think you'll see it from up top. I recall it hanging down off the frame section that the actual bumper attaches too.

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Sounds like a crazy location!
Why make it so difficult for owners??
Just like getting a fuse chart for these cars!
Not included in owners manual as is the norm and difficult to find in nice format anywhere!
Would call VWOA to request both if I thought they would be helpful.
They should be able to access the label if given the VIN
Removing my Ares skid plate to get the info from label seems like too much effort!
Will wait till my next oil change to see if it is there but am skeptical as I just installed the skid plate and did not see any label in that area, but was not looking for it there then.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I agree completely. I looked for some pictures I took but I'm not finding anything I took showing that label. I'll be under it for oil change in the next few weeks so hoping to get this data for you and others in the future for certain.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Mine was still attached it to its backing paper and stored loose in the glove box.

tanker

TDI
2015 GSW TrendLine
The vehicle information panel with the VIN, engine code, paint no and options, is located on the chassis under the "Lock Carrier Trim Panel". I found mine yesterday when I was routing wiring for a trailer hitch. The panel comes off without tools but is a hard pull.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
The vehicle information panel with the VIN, engine code, paint no and options, is located on the chassis under the "Lock Carrier Trim Panel". I found mine yesterday when I was routing wiring for a trailer hitch. The panel comes off without tools but is a hard pull.
That makes sense; its consistent with the tradition of putting them in or near the spare tire well. I guessed that it was underneath the soft trim in the spare well. Thanks for the discovery.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
Did you look inside the service schedule booklet that came with the owners manual? Some generation 7 cars have it stuck on the inside flap.

Mine was in the very middle of the booklet called "USA Warranty and Maintenance", gives the engine code, transmission code, paint code, and options list.

Last edited: