2015 GSW 4th year service

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
Drove a couple hundred miles to get my 4th year service done at the "local" VW dealership. They've been really great to work with through Dieselgate, and the service manager is a wealth of knowledge. I asked about whether they'd had many people come in for the recall, or whether it was mostly buyback. The manager told me that more people than they estimated came in for the recall. In fact, she said that there were so many at one point that they couldn't really do much else in their garage. I thought that was cool, so I asked whether they were seeing or hearing reports of warranty issues after the recall. The manager told me that there weren't any coming back after the recall work if they had it completed in Topeka. They were seeing a lot of cross country folks, however, who had the recall work done at other shops stopping in with various complaints traced back to the Phase 2 hardware. The primary complaint she was hearing was that diesel exhaust was entering the cabin, requiring proper gaskets to be installed.

Interesting stuff.

I also got to test drive a 2018 Tiguan. My sister just bought one of those, so I was interested to see what the hype was. The stop-start was a bit disturbing, but I found you could keep the car idling at a stop by not pushing the brake pedal all the way to the floor. It was a fun drive and a beautiful car, but nowhere near the fun to drive of my little GSW.