2015 Golf TDI prices paid

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
No way of knowing, but I suspect a lot of people are going to be holding out for the new CarPlay in the next MY before they buy. Should make for some great deals on the 15's.

nectarguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf SE
^^^ That's my hope. I'm expecting delivery of my '15 in late July/early August, hopefully right around when the 2016s will be offered.

Cerebus300

TDI
None. Yet.
I'm interested in a Sportwagen TDI. I've seen users here say they "ordered" a car, but what does that entail? Is there a checklist available? Can someone provide a copy? I've talked to one salesman at one dealer, he wasn't informative about ordering. Can I actually pick from a list?
My first problem is the VW online configurator. I can't select any of the silver exteriors with the light interior. I don't want giant wheels. I want the DSG and mechanical LSD. I know. (I want my wife to be able to drive it). Sunroof.
Thanks,

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Best bet is to go to www.cars.com and do an advanced search (under the buy menu), and specify a wide radius for the search. Much more efficient than going to individual dealers web sites.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I'm interested in a Sportwagen TDI. I've seen users here say they "ordered" a car, but what does that entail? Is there a checklist available? Can someone provide a copy? I've talked to one salesman at one dealer, he wasn't informative about ordering. Can I actually pick from a list?
My first problem is the VW online configurator. I can't select any of the silver exteriors with the light interior. I don't want giant wheels. I want the DSG and mechanical LSD. I know. (I want my wife to be able to drive it). Sunroof.
Thanks,
Normally it would be to pick out exactly what you want: color, trim, options, trans, engine, everything exactly how you want it. Not all dealers or brands will allow you so you would have to ask your dealer(s). In VW's case, you really order an allocation. Meaning, when the car you want is being built at the factory with the specs you want (Note that VW doesn't have many specs and only factory options are lighting and parking packages; rest are floor mats, wheel locks, etc that are installed at the port and not at factory) the dealer can claim that car for you.

In my case, my dealer accepted our company's VW Partner Program which gives you the cost of the car $500 below dealer invoice, and would let me "order" a car with a signed agreement and $500 deposit. I did this and it took me 2 months to receive the car. So you can see that this may not always be ideal getting exactly what you want as you need to wait.

In answer to you color questions, only black interior is available in any of the silver exterior colors.

I'll try and dig up the order stuff for you....

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Here's the guide. Included the front one with dealer invoice pricing. This should help you see what you can and can't get at least for the 2015 model year. Sorry about the clarity. I have the PDF of the dealer guide if needed and can email it.

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
I paid 26k (even) on the road for a 2015 Golf 4door SE w/ lighting package and DSG. it was also equipped with monster mats, and road side assistance kit

that included my taxes, title, and fees.

Last edited:

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
Invoice -$500 using SCCA discount. Just picked it up today. Absolutely thrilled.

nectarguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf SE
I paid 26k (even) on the road for a 2015 Golf 4door SE w/ lighting package and DSG. it was also equipped with monster mats, and road side assistance kit

that included my taxes, title, and fees.
Wow, that's amazing! What was the starting price?

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
Wow, that's amazing! What was the starting price?
Their little add on sticker said 30k almost 31. Then you add tax etc. I wore them down with price price match and after the finance guy and i got in an argument and i called vwoa and reminded them this would be my 6th new vw in 4 years they took off quite a bit lol.

Strange thing is I've been to the dealer 3 more times since then at various times and that finance guy hasn't been here since. Weird l.

nectarguru

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf SE
Their little add on sticker said 30k almost 31. Then you add tax etc. I wore them down with price price match and after the finance guy and i got in an argument and i called vwoa and reminded them this would be my 6th new vw in 4 years they took off quite a bit lol.
Strange thing is I've been to the dealer 3 more times since then at various times and that finance guy hasn't been here since. Weird l.
Awesome, good job! I ordered basically the same car as you, SE with the lighting package, and with their $1000 knock off the price came out to right around $27k. Mine won't be here until July or so. Hopefully by then I'll be able to snag a sweet deal given the fact that the 2016s will be hitting the floor. That and I'll be in the peak of the summer sales. I was hoping to pay $25k but that may be a stretch. If you were able to pull $26k WITH taxes and fees, there may be a shot for me...

exbauer

TDI
MK7 Golf
2015 DSG SEL with lighting package, monster mats, splash guards, chrome exhaust tips, roadside assistance kit, wheels locks, first aid kit

MSRP $32,095
Sale price $29,246

San Diego dealer

nentis

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT
Year: 2015
Model: Golf TDI
Trim: S
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
Color: Silk Blue
Extras: Monster Mats, First Aid Kit
Date of Purchase: 2015-05-24
Price: $22,000

Now to ready the 2004 Golf TDI GLS for private sale.

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
Model: Golf SportWagen TDI
Color: Platinum Grey Metallic
Extras: Monster Mats
Date of Purchase: 5/23/2015
Price: $24,450

I also got the recent college grad and that covers my first payment, so really about $24,000.

jasontexas

TDI
01 golf tdi 5speed
Color: Platinum Grey Metallic
Extras: Monster Mats
Date of Purchase: 5/23/2015
Price: $24,450

I also got the recent college grad and that covers my first payment, so really about $24,000.
This is exactly what I want down to the color. Is this out the door price?

Last edited:

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
This is exactly what I want down to the color. Is this out the door price?
Yup... well, besides tax, which is 8% in my area. The dealer I used is a "no negotiations" dealer, where the sticker on the car is the price you pay. Then, if you are eligible for any extra incentives/promotions, those get applied. This was about equal to what I negotiated at the other VW dealer in town, but they didn't have the color I wanted.

So, the car was $24,950. I took the current $500 and 1.9%APR promotion, so that brought the price to $24,450. Since I graduated college 23 months ago, I was still eligible for the recent college grad program, which will pay my first monthly payment.

GTiGLi

TDI
2001 New Beetle
2015 Golf TDI Manual SE w/Lighting (Monster/Gorilla Mats, Cargo net, Emergency Kit) Little over 28 sticker, $26535

Used a supplier discount, they took a little more off, gave me clean book for my trade and over-allowed $2000 on top of that, so I effectively got almost 3500 off sticker. I was VERY happy.

Cerebus300

TDI
None. Yet.
Really can't get what i want

So I spoke to a Dealer last month, and got a straight answer about "Ordering".
There is no checklist option. All you can do is choose one of the three trim levels, color, a few accessories, but thats about it. Not anything better than using the online configurator.
I can't possibly get what I really want, the biggest problem being VW doesn't offer the beige interior with any of the silver colors on the Sportwagen, why, I don't know. I don't need stupid chrome rails.
Are beige interiors only coming from Germany, and silver paint only coming from Mexico?
I'd like mechanical LSD, but they all seem to come with XDS now.
Plus the SEL comes with 18's and I don't like driving around on rubber bands.
:(

exbauer

TDI
MK7 Golf
There is no checklist option. All you can do is choose one of the three trim levels, color, a few accessories, but thats about it. Not anything better than using the online configurator.
I can't possibly get what I really want, the biggest problem being VW doesn't offer the beige interior with any of the silver colors on the Sportwagen, why, I don't know. I don't need stupid chrome rails.
Are beige interiors only coming from Germany, and silver paint only coming from Mexico?
Can't really solve your other problems. But, I am sure you can find somebody that would be willing to swap your 18s for 17 or 16 inch wheels.

Bikebits

TDI
TDI Sportwagen 6MT
All exterior colours are available with either black or beige interiors in all 3 trim levels.......in Canada. Our cars come from Mexico. Manual transmissions are also available on every trim/engine combination here. Wheel sizes and option packages are completely different as well. VW USA has chosen to limit the combinations available for some reason, which is even more odd in that the Canadian market is barely 10% of the size of the US market.

Last edited:
TDI
Jetta MKVI, Golf MKVII
All exterior colours are available with either black or beige interiors in all 3 trim levels.......in Canada. Our cars come from Mexico. Manual transmissions are also available on every trim/engine combination here. Wheel sizes and option packages are completely different as well. VW USA has chosen to limit the combinations available for some reason, which is even more odd in that the Canadian market is barely 10% of the size of the US market.
I'd heard you Canucks weren't very well endowed, but that's really sad.

TDI
'10 Jetta, '15 GSW SEL
18 inch rims versus 17 inch rims

After about 3500 miles on my GSW SEL TDI manual, I'm wondering why VW assumes every buyer of the SEL trim level wants low profile tires on 18 inch rims. I bought the SEL only for the wonderful seats, not for the rough and noisy ride provided by the tire/rim combo forced upon me in the SEL trim level.

Would love to find an owner of a low mileage Golf MK7 with 17 inch rims and higher profile tires who wants to trade a bit of comfort for the superior cornering power of the 18 inch rims and low profile tires I don't want.

Absolutely hate the modern marketing practice that forces all car buyers into buying options they don't want just to get one or two they consider essential.

BTW, to respond to this thread's theme, paid $29K and change for my SEL manual with lighting and driver assist. Used a combination of TrueCar and VW's discount program for members of Sports Car Club of America.

thecapn_dennis@yahoo.com
Bangor, ME

Last edited:

V0X

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Transmission: Automatic
Color: Tungsten Silver
Extras: Monster Mats, Emergency Roadside Kit
Date of Purchase: 6/18/2015
Price: $25,384 using VW Friends & Family Certificate

V0X

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
After about 3500 miles on my GSW SEL TDI manual, I'm wondering why VW assumes every buyer of the SEL trim level wants low profile tires on 18 inch rims. I bought the SEL only for the wonderful seats, not for the rough and noisy ride provided by the tire/rim combo forced upon me in the SEL trim level.

Would love to find an owner of a low mileage Golf MK7 with 17 inch rims and higher profile tires who wants to trade a bit of comfort for the superior cornering power of the 18 inch rims and low profile tires I don't want.

Absolutely hate the modern marketing practice that forces all car buyers into buying options they don't want just to get one or two they consider essential.

BTW, to respond to this thread's theme, paid $29K and change for my SEL manual with lighting and driver assist. Used a combination of TrueCar and VW's discount program for members of Sports Car Club of America.

thecapn_dennis@yahoo.com
Bangor, ME
I'll swap you my 16" wheels and tires. 50 miles on them.

boy412

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Trim: SEL
Transmission: DSG
Color: Pure White
Extras: LOL...no
Date of Purchase: 6/20/2015
Price: $30,352

Last edited:

GnJ

TDI
15 Golf, 12 JSW
Golf SEL TDI MT silk blue grey/black interior
$26,800
No options
A little less than three months from order to delivery

TDI
'10 Jetta, '15 GSW SEL
Sorry VOX ... Tennessee is just to far from Maine in terms of shipping costs. I'd like to find someone who wants 18 inch rims and tires and has 17 inch rims and tires.