2015 Golf TDI prices paid

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
This must be a sedan, yes?

My MRSP was 33,260, Price paid was $29,500 that included dealer installed window tint. (3760 off MSRP)

The best reported deals so far on SEL seem to be in the $3750-4000 discount range - for wagon and sedan.

Last edited:

Bueller

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL
Does anyone know if there are any factory to dealer incentives on TDI's for July, and what those incentives are?

510Finn

TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen
I'd like to know how your deals fell in line with using TrueCar.com for the specific model you purchased.

Borsig

TDI
My deal was below true car by about $800

hillestad

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL
I have found that true car varies greatly by area. I searched VW for the exact car I wanted and anyone that had it in stock on true car was 1.5-3k more than my local area. South Florida seems to have great true car prices. Zip code 33325 here. I got mine at the EXACT true car price. The dealer tried to add $2k in "dealer options" (nitrogen tires, 3m film around the doors, etc) but I had to fight them to take it off. I was happy with the price paid and really that's all that matters :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orlando

TDI
2013 JSW & 2015 Golf (Formerly: 2000 JSW)
A dealer in Columbus Ohio is advertising in-stock TDI SEL hatchbacks at $3,500 off MSRP: http://www.hatfieldvw.com/specials/print.htm?listingItemId=fdfa4ee627244339b2013795a2b3c887

This appears to be $2,000 or more below the Truecar & KBB prices for central Ohio.

Postscript: when I first saw this ad on the dealer's web site, it said specifically "Golf TDI SEL models." I notice they have removed the "SEL" so perhaps it now applies to other TDI trims.

Last edited:

Bueller

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL
That's where I purchased my TDI. They are heavy on DSG equipped TDI inventory, hence the deal. You cannot get the same deal on a manual (especially the SEL) but I came very close as I posted earlier in this thread.

Unfortunately my purchase was not without its hassles, but I'm in the market for a car for the SO before too long and they have promised an offer I can't walk away from. We'll see.

nikdfish

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagon SEL
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagon SEL with DSG, lighting package & driver assist, tips, mats, etc. List was 34,355 & paid 32,021, financed for 60 mos @ 1.9% Went through Costco auto program, which turned out to be essentially $400 under invoice for this model at this dealer location (Greensboro, NC). Price was a few hundred below the local Truecar price.

Nick

Last edited:

Wheats

TDI
mk7 Golf
15 trendline Golf TDI 6 spd man with cruise control/wheel package. (Canada) sticker was 25,100 got them down to 22 even before tax. Came with 7 year 180,000 kms extended warranty, free tint and clear bra.

jfc2697

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6Speed
i paid 20k b4 taxes for base tdi golf 6speed i did not want all extra crap. very happy with it very fun so far i was lucky i got as rolled off the truck with 2 miles plastic still on the car :)

Last edited:

Td!wagon

TDI
2015 GSW
GSW S trim w/6MT Paid 22,201 ($3534 under sticker) plus dealer fee and tax in the Atlanta area. May have been able to do a bit better if I had waited but I wanted choice of color.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
GSW S trim for $21.9k plus DH a week ago in Denver

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
GSW S trim w/6MT Paid 22,201 ($3534 under sticker) plus dealer fee and tax in the Atlanta area. May have been able to do a bit better if I had waited but I wanted choice of color.
How much was the dealer fee? It all adds into the total price from the dealer before tax. Dealer fees are just dealers taking back part of the discount that they gave you.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
Usually $400 to $600 for DH. Mine was $500, so I paid $22.4k all in for a GSW TDI 6MT with mats and cargo protect and roadside kit

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Usually $400 to $600 for DH. Mine was $500, so I paid $22.4k all in for a GSW TDI 6MT with mats and cargo protect and roadside kit

The local dealer sent me an offer of $22,418 plus $179 dealer fee for the GSW S 6M.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
That's pretty good. Emich came off their prices about $600 last week from what they gave me. There was a build up of wagons with the late model year production run, so I think some dealers needed to move inventory.

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
Not a bad deal upsbroke, like sapgar said, they are trying to move the 15 models, I would squeeze another couple of hundreds and you should be good to go :) do it after the salesperson fills all paperwork (but before you let them pull your credit) tell him that another dealer JUST offered you a couple of hundreds less :)

Forgot to mention, make sure you get the .9% if you are financing

Last edited:

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
The price quoted might include the cash equivalent of the .9% financing, but another $200 discount is probably within reach

Td!wagon

TDI
2015 GSW
How much was the dealer fee? It all adds into the total price from the dealer before tax. Dealer fees are just dealers taking back part of the discount that they gave you.
$699, I shopped every dealer in the Atl area and it was not out of line with the others. In the end my local dealer was willing to do 22.9 including the fee with .9 financing and nobody else was, they werent going below 22.9 + fee.
It dont know how many manual cars there are in other markets but we didnt have alot of chioce in this area. Even less when I was getting picky about color.

Last edited:

Borsig

TDI
These dealer fees are starting to get out of control.

Im not for any kind of regulation and interference, but 700 bucks? These things use to be 200-250. Now people ahve to pay 500-700? Theyre feeling the internet pinch, I suppose.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
$699, I shopped every dealer in the Atl area and it was not out of line with the others. In the end my local dealer was willing to do 22.9 including the fee with .9 financing and nobody else was, they werent going below 22.9 + fee.
It dont know how many manual cars there are in other markets but we didnt have alot of chioce in this area. Even less when I was getting picky about color.

That's a great deal.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
I'm using Emich as a low price point for my dealer that is much closer. The good thing is my dealer has 2 of exactly what I think I want.
One question for anyone that previously also owned a Jetta Sportwagen- what differences do you see in the two cars? I haven't driven the GSW but I did have an '09 JSW that grenaded it's HPFP. I really liked the JSW except that I'm 6'4" and had to recline the driver's seat back to keep my head out of the ceiling.

TDIBlake

TDI
15 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta
Is this thread for Sportwagens also? My 15 GSW SE 6MT, with lighting package was $27051 + tax and title. The 27051 included dealer fee and destination fee.

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
I had a JSW prior to the Golf I had for 4 mos. Might want to check Edmunds for headroom specs. The roof line is a little lower, that much I know.

The GSW has a tighter suspension, a smoother 6MT, a quieter and smoother engine. Even though a diesel, the engine will rev a little higher and freer than the CR on the JSW. My GSW brakes and corners better than the JSW. Seats are more comfy with the Golf too. It's pretty much an upgrade except for beam in the back (more of a paper loss) and hard plastic panels on the rear passenger doors. Overall, it's a better car I think... and less expensive.

timblaktu

TDI
BMW F650GS Dakar
Everyone, when you report your price paid, please state whether you were getting the $1k loyalty discount for being a current VW owner, and whether you're using VW financing or not.

TDIBlake, Truecar says $29.1k for that, so great deal! Were you picky about colors at all? Maybe I need to come to IA.. Yesterday, I sent emails out to every dealer within about 1100 miles of Portland, OR, about 35 dealers, asking for best price on a white/beige GSW TDI SE 6MT with LP. I'd accept either of the blues as well, as long as it's the beige interior. So far, the best deal I'm seeing is $29.5k. I haven't been able to pit the dealers against one another yet, bc so far I'm not finding enough GSW TDI SE 6MT LP in existence..

[EDIT] I spent some time in a beige interior GSW yesterday, and felt the tri-color interior was pretty weird, so now I'm more flexible on colors. I will see what the best price I can find is with a more open mind...

Last edited:

Borsig

TDI
I paid 29.5k for a white sel wagon with lighting pacakage and dealer installed tint. Dsg, white, grey interior.

That includes destination. No loyalty 0.9pct for 60 months vw credit.

Northen va is a very competitive vw market. That was my offer to the dealer. They called me back within the hour and accepted. There was a little meat in the deal for them, but "not much". My response to that was their 500.00 doc fee was all the meat they needed.

If you're paying 29.5k, then drive off in an sel

sapgar

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
Yeah SEs are going from $25k to $27k where I'm at, and the SELs are 29 to 30k

SilkBlueTDI

TDI
2015 GSW
2015 GSW S - 6spd Manual + MonsterMatt Kit = $22,500

No $1000 loyalty - not qualified
No 0.9 APR - not financing
Including Destination charge
+ $150 Doc fee.
No Sales tax - my trade is exact same value.

Purchased separate:
VW Drive Easy Platinum, $100 deductable, 7/70 coverage.
Was $2900, offered at $2000, got it for $1600

I think i got an ok deal in the car but not extended warranty.

Very happy with the car tho - bottomline.