2015 golf r

GTI Guy

I got in on the preorder and have #267 of 500.
I am very impressed and very pleased.

All the posts, blogs and articles do not do this car justice.
It is very fast, handling is great, the DSG shifts immediately in every gear.

The lapiz blue color is beautiful. Hans Stuck had a hand in this cars development and it shows.
The upper RPM is endless this engine will not give up steam. The AWD grip when on the power through corners will blow your mind!

Since FEB 27th and 500 miles on her I'm a VERY happy camper!

I'm not overly found of these wheels. Can't wait for the Pretorias wheels to be available.

Last edited:

kensic

TDI
Golf Sportwagen
nice the R has electornic ebrake...makes the center looks so much cleaner w/o that huge handle bar. and u have an extra pocket for your phone and stuff.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Really cool car. I was impressed when i read the EPA FE estimate of 23/30, and really considered waiting for the R, but the price tag was just a little steep.

How have you been doing on gas? I understand of course that you may be driving "spiritedly".

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
sweet - glad to hear you like it. I am strongly considering an R when I hand the TDI off to my kid - the 2016's will be out by then with the six speed, upgrade nav, and apple integration. Its in a great niche - nothing like it at 40K with a stick, AWD and 30 mpg. and for $700 it will be making almost 400hp and running a 0-60 at 4 flat.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
Jealous that the center stack looks like the Euro golf with electronic parking brake. Doesn't the R also have the 7" infotainment screen and USB port? I'm curious if the NAV UI is any better than others are reporting in the standard Golf.

Do the rear lights look like this?
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30863&d=1365022517
its the same size screen for 2015. 2016's are supposed to get the bigger ones across the board. not sure about usb...

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Gorgeous car. Tempting, indeed. Will be hard not to get speeding tickets. Enjoy!

GTI Guy

Really cool car. I was impressed when i read the EPA FE estimate of 23/30, and really considered waiting for the R, but the price tag was just a little steep.

How have you been doing on gas? I understand of course that you may be driving "spiritedly".
I achieved 29MPG HWY at 62 so far.

1,115 on the odo.

My MKV I had before this one didn't get really good gas mileage till around 5k.

GTI Guy

Jealous that the center stack looks like the Euro golf with electronic parking brake. Doesn't the R also have the 7" infotainment screen and USB port? I'm curious if the NAV UI is any better than others are reporting in the standard Golf.

Do the rear lights look like this?
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30863&d=1365022517
5.8" touchscreen.
(2) SD card slots and CD/DVD slot. Hook up for iPod or other devices in center compartment behind shifter.

Those tail lights are LEDs. U.S. versions are not! They had to cut costs somewhere I guess. :eek:(

I will be adding the LED's, blue tinted blind spot side mirrors. Silver caps for the side mirrors as well. I might get the folding side mirror kit too!

The only performance mod might be the Neuspeed Power Module. This thing is very fast stock!

There are blogs of the Golf R vs a WRX STI. The Golf beat it on the track and at the strip. Many reviewers say that this is the BEST performance car in its class as a daily driver with still being able to track it. BEST BANG for the BUCK!

Here's a my dear friend Markus. His Engine and Drivetrain is stock. He has now a BBK and suspension package. He has no intentions of tuning it! He has the DSG trans as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMaody66

A good review from a guy who likes Subies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I07xikQ3l-8

Drag race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-PLpLhfJmA

Last edited:

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
I know, I'm running 1.5/93 on my GTI. It will spin the tires at 50 in 3rd gear when I nail it hard.

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
There should be a bigger infotainment screen, manual trans and sunroof option too!
I'm a DSG kind of guy especially in California traffic. As much as I'm a good manual driver I doubt anyone can shift as quick as a DSG transmission and the launch control is always a plus. :)

Last edited: